Gibson Brands Forums

How old are you?

Mr. Gibson

I went to the optometrist for the first time when I was 46 and he said I should get glasses for reading. I said why? He pointed at my age on the form. Seems that's pretty much the magic number for age related eyesight deterioration. On my second pair now <_<

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m 54,too many years of drink and drugs taking it’s toll on me now.

The effects are now starting to kick in,got a young granddaughter and can only hope i can keep going long enough to see her growing up.

Pains me to think I won’t see her growing up but it is what it is,life is so special but you don’t appreciate it until you’re older.

I don’t regret what i done in the past,as I said it is what it is and I can live with that but being older puts things in perspective and I will keep going until I can’t any more

Derek

Thanks Mr G. guitar playing is like everything else, use it or loose it. I play a little everyday and fortunately don't suffer from any of the hand problems that effect guitar players. I regularly pay out with other musicians, it's all down to practice in the end. It is however surprising that I'm the oldest as many guitarists play into their 80s and 90s look at Chuck Berry and Les Paul, maybe they just don'r write on forums!

I'm giving u a plus for being 75 and playing guitar.

I went to the optometrist for the first time when I was 46 and he said I should get glasses for reading. I said why? He pointed at my age on the form. Seems that's pretty much the magic number for age related eyesight deterioration. On my second pair now <_<

I am 48, never needed glasses but noticed my left eye started to go a few years ago, still, my right eye was so strong I could see in great detail, well, in the last year my right eye is going too. Even though I just need a +1.00 still sucks.

1512752406[/url]' post='1898493']

Lots of 50 plus guys like me here,makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside😍 But I see no women have commented here.

Your not surprised are you? You would never get the truth if they did comment. My own wife refuses to tell me what she weighs! Lol

my goal is to live long enough to be able to consider retirement. over the years I've said your amount of aches & pains are in direct relation to how much fun you had when you were young. I think I've had too much fun. I take naps because it helps to stop hurting for a little bit. i hurt 24/7. no tears in my beers, because I know theres a lot of people, even here on this forum, that have it much worse than me. so I keep it in perspective. but even though i'm just 57, I've got an awful lot of miles on me. gigs take quite a toll on me anymore. standing all night then moving gear ... but the fun still outweighs the pain. I've lost a 1/2 dozen friends in the last 10 yrs. I know they wish they were around to complain about aches & pains.

1512406115[/url]' post='1897259']

That's the spirit!

While cancer still obviously claims a lot of lives, it seems a LOT more people make it than when I was a kid. Quite a few relatives have been afflicted in the last ten years, and every single one is still fine, years after. Most ten years after or so.

Maybe it's the mindset? I realize I'm doing all kinds of jinxing here, but if I'd had cancer when I was a kid - I did have quite a scare - I would have died, because that's what people with cancer did back then. These days, were I afflicted, I think I'd be a lot more "okay, this sucks, but let's start looking at the treatment options and all the logistics".

We go to the doctor more often these days. I don't go to the ER for every cold, but I'm not the least bit embarrassed that I go way more often than your average 40-year old. We have essentially free health care - you pay 20 bucks' admission, and that's it. I'd rather get something checked out one time too many than one time too few.

Just wish I could convince certain older relatives to at least go pee in a cup for prostate check-ups...

Yes, a lot of people did die from cancer way back. I survived a cancer brain tumor in 88. I wasn't supposed to survive it doctors said so I was put through just about everything they had at that time. I was their experiment then and I'm still here! At that time I lost roommates in the hospital to cancer so I feel very blessed. It was heartbreaking seeing little kids and women get it way back then though, brought tears seeing them go through what I had to go through.

1512735487[/url]' post='1898431']

Dub: ha ha!

I set one goal at a time. I look forward to 50. 40's okay, but 50's cooler. I have excellent eyesight, but have noticed that things get blurrier up close than they did five years ago. When I'm 50, I intend to include "I can't read that, I need my glasses!" in EVERY single conversation I have.

It's gonna RULE!

Well then your going to absolutely Love the 60's then. Not only does the eyesight start going more, the Back, knees, arthritis sets in, you can't lift as much as you did in your 50's, hearing goes more... you want more? Lol

1513016700[/url]' post='1899306']

my goal is to live long enough to be able to consider retirement. over the years I've said your amount of aches & pains are in direct relation to how much fun you had when you were young. I think I've had too much fun. I take naps because it helps to stop hurting for a little bit. i hurt 24/7. no tears in my beers, because I know theres a lot of people, even here on this forum, that have it much worse than me. so I keep it in perspective. but even though i'm just 57, I've got an awful lot of miles on me. gigs take quite a toll on me anymore. standing all night then moving gear ... but the fun still outweighs the pain. I've lost a 1/2 dozen friends in the last 10 yrs. I know they wish they were around to complain about aches & pains.

Isn't that the truth! Well said.msp_thumbup.gif I gave you a plus.

Archived