Gibson Brands Forums

How old are you?

Mr. Gibson

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just turned 67, Pearl Harbor Day ,for those that do not know, 12/07/1950, the anniversary of the day not my actual date of birth, that would make me too old. Well I might say that you are never too old, when you consider the alternative.

Yes, a lot of people did die from cancer way back. I survived a cancer brain tumor in 88. I wasn't supposed to survive it doctors said so I was put through just about everything they had at that time. I was their experiment then and I'm still here! At that time I lost roommates in the hospital to cancer so I feel very blessed. It was heartbreaking seeing little kids and women get it way back then though, brought tears seeing them go through what I had to go through.

I love survivor stories. Particularly from back then, because there wasn't much hope that came with the diagnosis then, if I remember correctly. It all depends, of course, but it at least seems like we have way more survivors these days. I spoke to a doctor about it who was convinced it had more to do with changing attitudes than advancements in medicine.

I called the surgeon general and had him stripped of his license before you could say "malpractice". No, just kidding.

1514200070[/url]' post='1903559']

I love survivor stories. Particularly from back then, because there wasn't much hope that came with the diagnosis then, if I remember correctly. It all depends, of course, but it at least seems like we have way more survivors these days. I spoke to a doctor about it who was convinced it had more to do with changing attitudes than advancements in medicine.

I called the surgeon general and had him stripped of his license before you could say "malpractice". No, just kidding.

Merry Christmas Pinch, Yeah, I could tell some stories about it all but not many here would care to here I'm sure. It was more like a nightmare and actually I started praying in intensive care that God would just take me now or heal me. Obviously He chose the 2nd one and I'm ever so thankful. There was one Union Pacific doctor that many wanted me to sue for malpractice and I could have. I said If Union Pacific paid for all the medical bills I wouldn't sue and they did. We couldn't have afforded the bills if they didn't as it was close to a million. Otherwise, I had medical lawyers telling me it would never go to court and I'd be settled in no time.

Well then your going to absolutely Love the 60's then. Not only does the eyesight start going more, the Back, knees, arthritis sets in, you can't lift as much as you did in your 50's, hearing goes more... you want more? Lol

Yeah, I know. On a playing hiatus because of carpal and tendonitis (there's a lyric)... Or whatever it is. I must say it's starting to concern me a bit. No one is more conscientous about stretching than me... just like no one is more conscientous about earplugs, and then, boom, accident, tinnitus.

I'm noticing more squeaks, so to speak.

Archived