Gibson Brands Forums

Angus Young talks about tea and chocolate

cody78

Also i heard Angus and Malcom were Black Sabbath fans.

Are Iommi's SG and Young's SG made in England?

I heard they are both made by the same builder?

I heard he had the Sg from "Blow Up Your Video" out on tour last year!

AC/DC ****in rocks! Will miss Malcom!

I want my self respecting Rock Stars hopped up on chemicals and swilling booze. Look at Aerosmith have they made a decent album since cleaning up? Nope, just albums of power ballads and elevators and for some reason dudes that look like ladies?

But FZ fan, I thought Frank Zappa himself was a teetotaller/ non drug user? I think in a world full of hearing about famous people smashed out of their mind all the time, it's more refreshing to hear of musicians who are clean. BB King also comes to mind.

I second that. After "Crying" and "Amazing", Bon Jovi started to look like a punk band in comparison. Terrible, terrible songs.

i agree but in their defense, i saw them live during this period, in philly. g-n-r opened for them supporting appetite. guns were TERRIBLE. they were who i went to see. the only reason i stuck around for aerosmith was because guns sucked soooo bad, i wanted to at least stay long enough to hear one of the oldies. aerosmith came out and rocked the living daylights out of that stage and played all the stuff i wanted to hear, and little of the sucky stuff. tightest band i ever saw with the exception of rush. a great show that i was sure would be awful.

And don't get me started on the world greatest Rolling Stones Tribute band aka The Rolling Stones. God help us if they release another album of their useless drivel. I don't think an album has been worth a shite since Some Girls and by then they were 5 years past being washed up. Guys I've got a great idea after Some Girls lets phone in our next album Emotional Rescue and lets do an awful Disco Tune and I will sing in a really high voice like the Bee Gee's.

just to frame things, that was 1978. it's been that long since they did something cool. jmo, many wont agree, but their best song was much earlier, 2000 light years from home.

I second that. After "Crying" and "Amazing", Bon Jovi started to look like a punk band in comparison. Terrible, terrible songs.

I like the Bon Jovi sounding like a punk band line [biggrin]

However, people say Aerosmith started doing all these soppy ballads later in their career, but they seem to forget they did soppy ballads from the beginning. What about Home Tonight on Rocks, or You See Me Crying on Toys in the Attic or Mia on Night in the Ruts? All these songs are/ were power ballads unless the definition changed between the 1970's and 1990's? Oh and then there is 'Dream On' from their first album. I like most of Aerosmith's albums except Just Push Play...that one truly did suck and should have never been released.

I understand Guns were having a lot of problems on the Aerosmith tour. Addictions and Axl.

I've no doubt Aerosmith were more consistent, and are probably great live to this day. I just cannot stand the later ballads - I love a soppy ballad now and again - Alice Cooper is good at them - but the old Aerosmith ballads and the Alicia-Silverstone-in-her-undies-in-the-video crap... Even the "Pump" era stuff like "What it takes" wipes the floor with the last few ballad hits.

In my opinion.

As for Zappa being sober, FZF was probably being a bit sarcastic. Something he's quite good at.

But FZ fan, I thought Frank Zappa himself was a teetotaller/ non drug user? I think in a world full of hearing about famous people smashed out of their mind all the time, it's more refreshing to hear of musicians who are clean. BB King also comes to mind.

Nope, no tea. Coffee and smokes.

He didn't allow his band to use drugs while on tour. There is no way you could play that music stoned. Frank was more concerned about them getting busted while on tour and having them not in the line up.

What they did on their time was their business.

Archived