Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar ordered

merciful-evans

In the old days of the Forum, before The Lounge was created, most everyone posted in the Les Paul section. Back then, mentioning another brand risked getting your post deleted. To their credit, Gibson relaxed a little bit since then.

I'm glad the "rules" changed in that case. Most guitar players have more than one make of guitar for various reasons and I think it would be a terrible shame if on a forum you couldn't mention another make without getting into trouble.

I must admit I wouldn't really want to be a member of any forum that was so anal in outlook.

So let's hear about the Fenders, PRSs, Guild's or whatever that people play and...oh yes, not to forget...the Gibson's!

I have several different makers Guitars & find their Forums as interesting as this one. I enjoy visiting each of them.

I don't even post all my NGD's on their own Forums anymore.

It's ok to post your new whatever wherever if you want.

Shame. It is a pity as it looked great and had an interesting providence.

There is always the Les Paul double cut you might consider or that other Jazz guitar which I have never heard of before.

I have never played a Les Paul double cut but my Yamaha SG2000 is of course similar in shape and I certainly like that guitar.

Hi Pin,

Your Yamaha SG2000 is a highly desirable guitar but it resembles the SG more I think?

I have been sorely tempted by the Seventy Seven Albatross Jazz for quite some time, but they are pretty much special orders with no opportunity to try out first.

Hi Pin,

Your Yamaha SG2000 is a highly desirable guitar but it resembles the SG more I think?

I have been sorely tempted by the Seventy Seven Albatross Jazz for quite some time, but they are pretty much special orders with no opportunity to try out first.

Hi Merciful,

I had never heard of "77" guitars before but I found this very interesting Jazz Guitar forum thread on them:

http://www.jazzguitar.be/forum/guitar-amps-gizmos/65205-seventy-seven-guitars.html

You are right about the Yamaha and SG shape but it is also like the Les Paul in terms of thickness - a bit of both really.

Hi Merciful,

You are right about the Yamaha and SG shape but it is also like the Les Paul in terms of thickness - a bit of both really.

Oh I see. Yes I get it now :)

Thanks for the link. I didnt know about the fat neck!

This is another

Archived