Gibson Brands Forums

Got the J-15......

Murph

Just awesome. I love the looks of the new sunburst ones as well...

Hey Sal...did you have a Gibby J-50 or a Hummingbird? [confused]

Just curious as I thought I saw one of your post a while back.

The J-15 is a wonder acoustic guitar that Gibson is really making a statement in trying out different combinations of b/s and neck etc.

The 3 series offered from J-15, J-29, J-35 are all winners in my book. Trick is to play a few before you opt for the right one you like. They will be keepers.

Once they're gone from the catalogs it will or might not become a reissue and that could be a good thing if you have one.

My 2013 NOS J-35 has opened up to a thumping growl that can sit in with most other model I find lately. Just take care of the instrument and it will perform to the max you want it to.

Cheers!

Hey Sal...did you have a Gibby J-50 or a Hummingbird? [confused]

Just curious as I thought I saw one of your post a while back.

The J-15 is a wonder acoustic guitar that Gibson is really making a statement in trying out different combinations of b/s and neck etc.

The 3 series offered from J-15, J-29, J-35 are all winners in my book. Trick is to play a few before you opt for the right one you like. They will be keepers.

Once they're gone from the catalogs it will or might not become a reissue and that could be a good thing if you have one.

My 2013 NOS J-35 has opened up to a thumping growl that can sit in with most other model I find lately. Just take care of the instrument and it will perform to the max you want it to.

Cheers!

Have you actually tried a J29 ?

Have you actually tried a J29 ?

Yes I have and that was my first choice really , but the J-35 just captivated me on the first go.

I also had my mind set on a rosewood b/s but it would be another acoustic brand that we all know, for that and I have it already after the J-35 so I am quite content.

Maybe if a well taken care used J-29 gets lost in my area I would seriously have it another go. :rolleyes:

There is this fella I know who has all 3 model and boy the prices on them is going up as well. [thumbup]

Cheers! [biggrin]

I think Gibson is brilliant for building a guitar with American woods, telling the treehuggers where to shove it, and at a good price.

Well, if that were clearly part of Gibson's plan, I'd have to tell them where to shove it. Some of the clear-cuts in my neck of the NW woods are absolutely grotesque.

At least we can agree that many J-15s are wonderful guitars. How about we just leave it at that?

How about we just leave it at that?

It's my thread.

If you want to start a tree hugging thread, click the "Start New Topic" button.

For what it's worth, I bought 30 acres of young growth woods almost 20 years ago that was logged 35 years ago.

Nobody re-planted it, and now 35 years later I was approached a few weeks ago about selling some timber.

Trees are magical like that, they simply grow back.

It's my thread.

No one owns a thread Murph (unless you delete it), as they veer off all the time.

Would simply appreciate it if politically-tainted trash-talk would not be included in the veer, as it is totally unproductive in this venue. Would much rather enjoy a positive discussion about your guitar.

No one owns a thread Murph (unless you delete it), as they veer off all the time.

Would simply appreciate it if politically-tainted trash-talk would not be included in the veer, as it is totally unproductive in this venue. Would much rather enjoy a positive discussion about your guitar.

Yeah. I hate trash-talk. Especially politically-tainted.

But I do enjoy sarcasm.

And in the interest of supporting the veer - Isn't it sad about those hundreds of thousands of acres destroyed by fires? CA sells a lot of almond and walnut related products. If those prices rise, we can probably expect the price of guitars to go up as well.

Isn't it sad about those hundreds of thousands of acres destroyed by fires? CA sells a lot of almond and walnut related products. If those prices rise, we can probably expect the price of guitars to go up as well.

I wonder what the price of Home Insurance (fire) will be in California after all of this.

Unreal.

The largest fire is slightly northwest of Oxnard, where both Larrivee & Cordoba/Guild have their factories.

I grew up in Pasadena, and as a kid in the late '50s & early '60s, we used to go up into the foothills to play during the summer. In the late '60s, had a favorite motorcycle route up the Angeles Crest Highway. Depending on annual weather cycles, that terrain quite often is primed like a firecracker to take off if ignited - scary stuff.

Archived