Gibson Brands Forums

Pulled the trigger

Pink_Floyd

I was just in my local Long & McQuade buying a flying V when another sales rep walked by with a brand new Gibson case. I peeked at it while he opened it up. It was a brand new Gibson Les Paul Traditional Desert Burst. I almost had a big O right there. I almost added $2475 to my $1175 Flying V purchase.

Damn GAS has me again. It is on my to buy list. I ordered the Dave Murray Artist series Fender Stratocaster 2 weeks earlier. If I hadn't of ordered that, that Gibson Les Paul would have been mine.

Thanks guys :D/ The dealer that I use had a few '08s in stock but I really wanted the Desert Burst and when we checked the figures it would have been the same price no matter what I went for, either an 'in stock model' or an order. He was slightly worried that the prices might have changed as we are expecting a new price schedule here in the UK imminently..... O:)

I guess that's about right. I waited for 2 1/2 months for the honeyburst (will post pics).

You should probably want to check out icetea as well? It's gorgeous and available. Plenty of stocks coming in shore at the moment. I believe there's desert burst but only in traditional.

You reckon prices are going up again? I noticed slight increase this month by £20-30?

I guess that's about right. I waited for 2 1/2 months for the honeyburst (will post pics).

You should probably want to check out icetea as well? It's gorgeous and available. Plenty of stocks coming in shore at the moment. I believe there's desert burst but only in traditional.

You reckon prices are going up again? I noticed slight increase this month by £20-30?

Good info' date=' cheers buddy.

To be honest it was a bit of bad luck, the shop [i']had[/i] a desert burst in stock and I went in again to put down a deposit and it was gone. I am very lucky in that it is like a shop of old that allows layaways. You put down a minimum of 30% and they keep it for three months and you can pay what you want to the balance in that time.

So when they said it would be 8 weeks at the very least I thought no problem as it gives me longer to pay :D and they give students a discount which when you are a mature student it is even more helpful. As for prices, there has been a slight increase but word on the street is that there is gonna be a bigger one.

yeah I missed out on a couple of good deals because I hesitated' date=' but you're never too sure sometimes considering it's quite a substantial amount. However I've managed to get a pretty good deal with the Standard, 24 months 0% interest installment :D [/quote']

Sounds good! To be fair with the discount and the fact it is basically interest free for 3 months + with the majority of it already paid it is a no brainer, well a no brainer in the world of £1800 guitars :-

Archived