Gibson Brands Forums

Gally, aka big puss - my cat

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

One of our cats, Gally (we call him Big-Puss and the little one Little-puss) is very unwell. He's eating and going to the loo but he just wants to hide away and seems weak.

We took him to the vet and they kind of said, he's 18 years old. Old cats tend to just go from kidney failure. There's no obstructions or masses they could detect. We call him Big-Puss for a reason and the only way they were going to get blood was by sedation and they thought that could kill him anyway so we're just holding our breath and hoping he's going to be OK.

I feel for you. After losing a number of dogs and cats that were like family members, we decided we can't go through it again. The house is lonely without them, but it's just too hard.

At least you had 18 years of the pleasure of his company. Here's hoping he gets well.

Aww.. I feel for you.. As you know I had this a few years ago with my cat Brutus... He was 20 when he went.

In general as long as they are still eating then there is hope.

I hope he pulls through man [thumbup]

I'm sorry to hear that. I know how much we can love our Animals. I mean, if people had half the loyalty that our furry friends had, the world would be a more pleasant place for sure. Ever see that homeless dude on the corner with his dog, (who wouldn't dare stray from his degenerate master) and wonder what makes that dog so loyal?

I love cats too, but I'm allergic to em. I am a Dog person. I lost a dog on July 4th (Independance Day in U.S.) 5 years ago. He had a heart attack after freaking out about the explosions in the neighborhood. I tried giving him CPR and finally gave up in a puddle of the lifeless dog's urine and my sweat trying desperately to make him continue breathing.

A short time later his girlfriend, my female passed on. (Cancer, but I think from a broken heart.)

When Kahlua (the female) was in her final days, she would wander off and want to be by herself. The vet told me that Animals will do that. They are looking for an appropriate place to die. I know that sounds harsh, but it made sense to me. They are very particular about where they pee and poop, dying is a big deal too.

I don't wish to bum you out, but the finality of life is a touchy subject and I guess we just need to be thankful for the time we have on this planet and time we spend with our loved ones ought to be as enjoyable as possible.

We've been through this a few times over the years and its never easy. I cried buckets when my cat Penny died leaving her grown up boys Tuppence and Threepence. It's kinder to let them go if there is any danger of them suffering. 18 is a good innings, as they say.

Guest Farnsbarns

Good news. Gally appears to have simply got better. Back to his old irritating self. Asking for attention by clawing our legs and climbing all over when we're trying to chill out.

:rolleyes:

Good news. Gally appears to have simply got better. Back to his old irritating self. Asking for attention by clawing our legs and climbing all over when we're trying to chill out.

:rolleyes:

That is terrific to hear! [thumbup] :)

Farns..... I know this may seem obvious.. But in this last week the temperature has really dropped. He's an old boy and maybe he has been really feeling it this year. My cat who is only 5 has been very elusive this week and has gone into hiding. I don't think things like the Christmas tree helps... Big change for their surroundings.

Regards

S

Archived