Gibson Brands Forums

Do you take nap during the day?

Mr. Gibson

Depends on the day. Sometimes, a 15 to 20 minute nap helps. I can't really nap much while at work from 7:30 to 4:30 but some evenings and weekends are a candidate.

And, RCT wins the comment for this thread. That was hilarious.

i take one everyday to relieve my chronic tension headache only thing that helps. 10-30 minutes,sometimes an hour.

Man, I get them too. one part tension, two part back issue from my motorcycle accident 25 years ago. spine is torqued. one side over compensating for the other side = bad headaches . physical therapy helps.

But answer to the question, yes. I love naps. to me naps are like Lima Beans. I hated them when I was a kid. Now I can't seem to get enough of them. only time theres no stress, tension, back pain, knee pain. I'm pretty beat up.

Can't do it. On the rare occasion that I do I wake feeling worse. Maybe when I get old. :rolleyes:

Yes this...I have times when I was unemployed (too many) where id do my job search and end up falling asleep.. HATE it.. Always makes me feel worse and then I cant sleep properly later.. So I generally avoid it. But it does feel nice while you are doing it.

Yep most days.

I work physically hard most mornings and after lunch a nap is restorative (and necessary) and then if I feel like it I can go out and do some more.

Limiting your nap to 15 or 20 minutes stops you from entering that deep REM sleep and avoids the post nap hangover that some of us get if we nap too long.

You can set your mind to wake you up at a given time.

Sorry to hear about your headaches.

I wish I could take naps. I just can't. Never have been able to; ever.

I have had trouble with sleep since the age of 16. I sometimes have trouble falling asleep. Other times I have trouble going back to sleep.

For the past couple of years I have not had much trouble falling asleep. But I have had a big problem with going back to sleep after waking up.

Cool thing is, I realized many years ago that all I need is about 5 hours of sleep and I am fine.

I haven't had 8 hours of sleep in one night in probably 20 years.

I have tried hundreds of times over the years to take a nap, but unless I was really sick, I never went to sleep.

Sleep is overrated anyway. :) :rolleyes:[flapper]

I sleep from 11-6 each day. I'm exhausted after a gig night when I don't get to bed until 1 or 2, but still generally wake up at 6. It's just what my body/mind does. I have napped after extreme physical activity, but I generally avoid that these days.

1512596765[/url]' post='1897971']

Man, I get them too. one part tension, two part back issue from my motorcycle accident 25 years ago. spine is torqued. one side over compensating for the other side = bad headaches . physical therapy helps.

But answer to the question, yes. I love naps. to me naps are like Lima Beans. I hated them when I was a kid. Now I can't seem to get enough of them. only time theres no stress, tension, back pain, knee pain. I'm pretty beat up.

I bought one of those neck stretchers you pump up that helps. Chronic tension headache I need to smoke some chronic. Anybody got any for sale?

Yep most days.

I work physically hard most mornings and after lunch a nap is restorative (and necessary) and then if I feel like it I can go out and do some more.

Limiting your nap to 15 or 20 minutes stops you from entering that deep REM sleep and avoids the post nap hangover that some of us get if we nap too long.

You can set your mind to wake you up at a given time.

^^This^^

I wake up around 3am almost every morning, even after going to bed at 11pm. I just can't sleep for more than 5-6 hours. I do occasionally take a 1-3 hour nap late in the day. I really like the late naps. The wife and kid will see the bedroom door closed, and know not to wake me.

Archived