Gibson Brands Forums

Do you take nap during the day?

Mr. Gibson

I don't know bout yous guys, but everyday around 2:30/3:00 (like now) I just crash,, no energy, no motivation, can really focus.

I start work usually before 6.. but try to be available till 4... that last hour, ..oy vhey...

A nap sounds terrific...

I don't know bout yous guys, but everyday around 2:30/3:00 (like now) I just crash,, no energy, no motivation, can really focus.

I start work usually before 6.. but try to be available till 4... that last hour, ..oy vhey...

A nap sounds terrific...

Exactly. My day starts at 530 or 6 am. Even on the weekends. Saturdays and Sundays around 2pm I shut down.

When I worked at the BNSF I always got up at 4:00am to head for the car pool so got in the habit of taking a 20 minute nap during Lunch break. Most of the guys did and it was our own time without pay at lunch. The whistle woke us up and back to work, and during those years I was getting 4-5 hours sleep. Since I've retired I usually take afternoon naps, no clocks, just wake up when I feel refreshed but on very busy days with lots going on I don't nap unless I'm just drained tired. I do get 6-8 hours of sleep now and function on that pretty good. Mostly when I do nap it's a very sore lower back or another aching body part. Since my brain tumor cancer surgery in 88 I never get headaches anymore. Before that I did all the time.

Archived