Gibson Brands Forums

Queen and Adam Lambert

Flight959

Hi Guys,

I was lucky enough to get to see Queen with Adam Lambert performing last night at the O2 Arena in London. Growing up I lived on a musical diet of mainly Queen, Dire Straits and Genesis. Since Freddie Mercury died, iv'e felt that Queen, as a band died with them. I was offered a ticket to see them in London way back in Feb this year. I had seen Adam Lambert perform with them in a televised concert last year on NYE and I must say I wasn't impressed.

I went along last night with a little bit of doubt. Well... what can I say, I thought Adam Lambert was AMAZING. Great front man, Great vocal range and he even connects with the crowd like Freddie did. It was nice to see Brian watching Adam with what I could describe as total admiration for him. He said that Queen was only possible now as a result of him. Now that I have seen Adam LIVE I am thoroughly in agreement.

Anyway I took a few snaps from the evening. I even ended up back stage for a short while (Long Story)... Sorry for the quality, I only had my phone to take pictures on...

38143692685_ca2ed756f0_c.jpgQueen London 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

39029670781_ab51a8fae2_c.jpgQueen London 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

38143693115_062f67e0c2_c.jpgQueen London 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

39029670991_f0a2292d85_c.jpgQueen London 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

24164927637_00c5cf5c0d_c.jpgQueen with Adam Lambert. 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

24164864877_f01c0ee998_c.jpgBohemian Rapsody... Queen with Adam Lambert. 2017 by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

25157952388_4129bd742f_c.jpgBrian May @ Queen with Adam Lambert. London O2 Arena 2017. Taken on a Huawei Mate 9 mobile phone. by Simon Clarkson, on Flickr

Regards

Flight959

Glad to hear you had a good time.

Nice snaps.

As far as his electrics go; did he use a/the Red Special all night?...

eusa_think.gif

I'm old enough to remember Queen when they first started out yet much as I like Brian May I've never seen him live (apart from that time I met him in Holdsworth's cycle shop in Putney...).

Pip.

I too was a big fan of Queen back in the 70's and 80's and followed Brian and Freddie. I heard queen when Paul Todgers toured with them and was not impressed and really had not planned to see them with AL since I was no fan of his what so ever. Having seen Queen twice (76 and 79) I knoew what kind of show it should be. I was blown away by AL, he was perfect for the spot, Freddie would have been proud. Loved their show the last time they toured and would go back to see them again. Moral of the story is obviously "Don't judge a book by it's cover".

I was luck enough to see Queen back while Freddie was still with them. It was in Montreal and it was a fantastic performance. Freddie was one of the greatest front men I have ever seen perform and I have seen many.

I knew Adam Lambert had "it" way back when I saw him do a cover of Tracks of My Tears on American Idol. Adam is very talented and filling the shoes of Freddie Mercury is an immense task. Glad to hear he is doing a good job.

I was lucky enough to see Queen supporting Mott the Hoople, it was the first "real" concert that I went to. I saw them again a year or two later when they were the headline act, they were supported by a brilliant band called Hustler, funnily enough some footage of Hustler appeared a couple of years ago on Queen's YouTube channel, they are well worth checking out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS810FFt6NA

Ian

Archived