Gibson Brands Forums

Don't let a hamster out of its cage when in a vehicle

Mr. Gibson

My daughter Mara got a hamster Friday and thought she might hold in our Ford Flex on the way back home,it jumped outta her hands and crawled up in the dash and wouldn't come out during the 100 mile trip,so when they came home I took my skid steer out of the shop and cranked the heat up in the shop so it wouldn't go into hibernation as they will when they're too cold. We could hear the little sh1t running up by the top of the dash and I looked and looked but couldn't see anything. Had to call my body shop owning friend to help me take the whole dash and console apart so we could find him,we couldn't see hide nor hair of the little beast. Karen got online to see how we might trap the little bastard,so she made two traps with newspaper on top of a can split a little so he would fall into the can when he went for the blueberries she had for bait. He went for it and after two days in the car we got the mighty Kong and put him in the cage. The worst part was the reassemble of the car dash and console. I publicly thank God,St. Anthony (patron saint of lost things) and St. Francis ( patron saint of animals) for the recovery of the white beast now called Ace. We still don't know where he was but think he went heating system somehow. Alls well that ends well.

My daughter Mara got a hamster Friday and thought she might hold in our Ford Flex on the way back home,it jumped outta her hands and crawled up in the dash and wouldn't come out during the 100 mile trip,so when they came home I took my skid steer out of the shop and cranked the heat up in the shop so it wouldn't go into hibernation as they will when they're too cold. We could hear the little sh1t running up by the top of the dash and I looked and looked but couldn't see anything. Had to call my body shop owning friend to help me take the whole dash and console apart so we could find him,we couldn't see hide nor hair of the little beast. Karen got online to see how we might trap the little bastard,so she made two traps with newspaper on top of a can split a little so he would fall into the can when he went for the blueberries she had for bait. He went for it and after two days in the car we got the mighty Kong and put him in the cage. The worst part was the reassemble of the car dash and console. I publicly thank God,St. Anthony (patron saint of lost things) and St. Francis ( patron saint of animals) for the recovery of the white beast now called Ace. We still don't know where he was but think he went heating system somehow. Alls well that ends well.

That's awesome...Great story.

Archived