Gibson Brands Forums

EPIPHONE TAK MATSUMOTO DC

I have taken notice of the China made Tak Matsumoto DC plus top model. I need to find out how they play (action-wise). Also the Burstbucker pup opinions. I own an Epi 60's Tribute Plus and I am surprisingly happy with the play-ability and the '57's are fine pups. Will the Matsumoto be about the same? (or better?) play-ability-wise? I have heard good and bad things about Burstbuckers. I have never plugged them in before. The cost of the 'Tak' looks about $700 used. I do have a little more money saved,(not much), but I could spring for a used Epi Elitist Les Paul. I think I could find one for a grand or a little more. Would the Elitist Paul simply be the best bet? Thanks for any opinions & experience.

I have not played or seen this guitar in my area, but I have a 2016 LP plus top with the burstbuckers in it.

They are a very good pick up, not the same as the ones in Gibson LP studio, but I am not going to be replacing them any time soon either.

They have a good chime in clean, and fairly good harmonics in classic rock type overdrive. I don't do the death metal type of music, so I can not comment on how they sound there, but other who do, say they are except-able.

You just have to remember they are a medium output alnico 2 with some good character.