Gibson Brands Forums

People who get bent out of shape over the term “vintage”

Allenjason95

I actually felt bad for saying something in the Chinese fakes thread. I don't mind being argumentative to make a point but mean spirited is something else. Actually ventured into bully territory. Good, I'm glad he's gone.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone chance the words "bent out of shape" to ”banned”, in the topic title. Just for a laugh?

Thank you. That made me laugh out loud, while sitting in my office by myself. Someone just happened to be walking by and I had to make an excuse.

I'm thinking that and a "Ding dong, the troll is gone" thread would be nice. I don't get someone putting forth that much effort to be rude and condescending to others. The slightest thing would get his panties in a bunch and off he went, over and over and over. It's like dealing with my ex-wife, I swear.

Guest Farnsbarns

Thank you. That made me laugh out loud, while sitting in my office by myself. Someone just happened to be walking by and I had to make an excuse.

I'm thinking that and a "Ding dong, the troll is gone" thread would be nice. I don't get someone putting forth that much effort to be rude and condescending to others. The slightest thing would get his panties in a bunch and off he went, over and over and over. It's like dealing with my ex-wife, I swear.

Maybe it was your ex wife!

It's interesting though how sometimes on these pages if you say you are not a fan of a certain band some people (only a few) seem to take it as a personal attack. It's a bit like the 'PC' topic... and I don't mean computers btw. There is a difference between being rude/ condescending and just airing your opinion on something in a normal manner. It does seem that some people are overly sensitive these days. Maybe because I was bullied in high school and have met the odd nasty person from time to time over the years (luckily not too often) saying you disagree on a music related subject seems fairly trivial. Some people see it as being negative, but really it's just how we each interpret sounds and what is pleasing (or not) to each individual. I like that FZ fan, just to name one of a few, doesn't hold back when he says he doesn't like a particular band that I and others may or may not like [thumbup]

Edit - I don't mean I'm sticking up for that troll fellow though, he generally seemed to enjoy provoking people with rude and hostile comments. Still, it didn't really bother me, just thought he was a twit. Entertaining though!

Yes you are. I was a liar too, and JaylinLA, and Farns was also I think. Come to think of it I think we all were except that guy who spoke the truth.

I think I had the honor of the first dance when I ruffled his feathers by pointing out that not all terrorist attacks here were Islamic. (Unfortunately immediately succeeded by the Las Vegas and Texas shootings). I just kept my mouth shut after that... hardly seemed worth the effort and in hindsight I should have gone directly to ignore mode.

Guest Farnsbarns

I actually felt bad for saying something in the Chinese fakes thread. I don't mind being argumentative to make a point but mean spirited is something else. Actually ventured into bully territory. Good, I'm glad he's gone.

Crikey, I just went and read that thread. What total arse (not that it's news).

Guest Farnsbarns

I rue the day rct mentioned my head injury (no harm meant, I know). That guy knew it bothered me so he just kept on about it. I did, as most of you know, have a head injury and that did, for a few weeks, give me something called mood inhibition, and I joked about it here once but as I said way back then, I've always been fairly uninhibited when it comes to dealing with a prat, or just speaking my mind in general, brain injury or not.

Guest Farnsbarns

I must say, I can't believe he wasn't banned the first time he started going on about my head injury. I'd have thought that was banning material. I reported it then but I guess it's a fine line.

I had a real hard time with the hair bands. Touchy subject I know, just could'nt get past it.

I have to agree. and like you said, it's a touchy subject. so when people get rattling off about all those guys I just smile and nod my head yes. but like Surfpup said, there is good music from every decade. it's the posturing that I had the biggest issue with.

Guest Farnsbarns

I thought it to be pretty pathetic when he went after Rabs. Rabs is as offensive as a bunny rabbit, but that guy found something to go after.

Yeah, that was weird. Many of us would have to admit to baiting him once he'd started but Rabs? That's ridiculous.

I rue the day rct mentioned my head injury (no harm meant, I know). That guy knew it bothered me so he just kept on about it. I did, as most of you know, have a head injury and that did, for a few weeks, give me something called mood inhibition, and I joked about it here once but as I said way back then, I've always been fairly uninhibited when it comes to dealing with a prat, or just speaking my mind in general, brain injury or not.

And I humbly apologize for that. I felt bad as soon as that got picked up by the wrong element in the wrong way. I should have confined my poking at you to Lime, Fat Git Bastard, Old Fruit, and other relatively harmless but true Britaniaisms.

rct

He's gone but will probably be back in some form at some time and read all these and go ballistic again. I really wasn't lying about Nirvana's guitarist being off to the side the night we saw them. Maybe he had bad gas that night or something?

He's gone but will probably be back in some form at some time and read all these and go ballistic again. I really wasn't lying about Nirvana's guitarist being off to the side the night we saw them. Maybe he had bad gas that night or something?

HE WAS NEVER OFF THE STAGE !!! DAMN IT MT. YOU'RE SUCH A LIAR ! WTF ? (LOL)

Guest Farnsbarns

And I humbly apologize for that. I felt bad as soon as that got picked up by the wrong element in the wrong way. I should have confined my poking at you to Lime, Fat Git Bastard, Old Fruit, and other relatively harmless but true Britaniaisms.

rct

Yes you should. Ya stupid, brash yank.

:D

Honestly though, you were trying to placate what might have been his first episode. No blame, mate. I chose to put it on a forum in the first place so that's on me. He was the negative force. That's it.

Here we go again with the lying!!!

unsure.gif

Guest Farnsbarns

As it happens, being banned doesn't stop you logging in or reading threads. He can read all this and I guess he can reboot his router for a new IP and create a new account with a different email and come back and start it all over again.

As it happens, being banned doesn't stop you logging in or reading threads. He can read all this and I guess he can reboot his router for a new IP and create a new account with a different email and come back and start it all over again.

Have to be a member logged to see the loung now

I thought it to be pretty pathetic when he went after Rabs. Rabs is as offensive as a bunny rabbit, but that guy found something to go after.

Ohh in real life I am more sweary but still try to be nice to people when I can and I can stand up for myself when its needed.. That guy just wasn't worth any effort so I then just generally ignore it and come in with a sarcastic comment or two :)

Archived