Gibson Brands Forums

It works!

bassetman

4ckLNKK.jpg

5DnfOyr.jpg

About six months ago our church was doing some repairs in the attic and found two non functional fender amps. A twin reverb and a deluxe reverb , from before 1973 when the attic was walled off. After getting every book I could find I started checking out the deluxe. Lots of mouse damage to the wires and speaker and the power tubes were gone. Got the deluxe finished last night. Sounds great. Under 300 to restore to this state. Score. The twin needs a power supply.

That is awesome. I love 'find' stories. I don't have any that cool.

My mom dated "Lil Steven" Steven Van Zant before I was born. He left a 1961 Fender acoustic at her house evidently. In a closet it sat for almost 2 decades. When I was about 9 years old, I found it and took it out and started messing with it. I learned how to string it and tune it after breaking some strings playing around. My mom still has pictures of me sleeping with the guitar as a child, she likes to keep it out and shows everyone.

That's the guitar I learned how to play on. I got some 'learn to play' books with chord charts and scales and before long I was playing along with the stereo to the stuff I liked best (Led Zepplin, Jimi, Sabbath, Van Halen), you know I'm an eighties kid.

It could only happen in an American church......

And that's a blackface, is the Twin blackface or silver?

You must have been blessed; many congratulations, fantastic!

[thumbup] [thumbup]

The twin has the same colours. When I learn more about the power supplies I’ll start on the twin.

The stickers are a major #-o but what a score!

I generally consider tickers an add on protective coating....but my daughter did those. I don’t mind usually except last Christmas one of my brothers kids put a sticker on the headstock of the j45. I took most of a year to find a cleaner that would cut the adhesive. Lizard spit took it right off.

4ckLNKK.jpg

5DnfOyr.jpg

About six months ago our church was doing some repairs in the attic and found two non functional fender amps. A twin reverb and a deluxe reverb , from before 1973 when the attic was walled off. After getting every book I could find I started checking out the deluxe. Lots of mouse damage to the wires and speaker and the power tubes were gone. Got the deluxe finished last night. Sounds great. Under 300 to restore to this state. Score. The twin needs a power supply.

I have a Silverface Deluxe Reverb, I think it’s from the late 60s, all original. My grandfather bought it new, then my dad got it when he died and I got it from my dad when he passed away.

It’s a great amp that hasn’t actually been played much, at least in the 30 years I’ve known about it.

I’ve always wanted a Twin. Nothing sounds better than a cranked Twin Reverb IMO.

I put the Cannabis Rex speaker from Eminence because I could get it cheap and quick...but it sounds just fine. The 22watts is plenty for everything I do.

Alot of players consider those better than V30's....I'm trying not to say VINTAGE

Nice amp!!

The Cannibis Rex is a great speaker for a Deluxe Reverb. Loud but smooth. [thumbup] [thumbup]

Would you recommend the Rex for a silverface as well, BBP? In fact what would be your favorite. I am considering replacing the Weber I have in mine now. Have been leaning toward a Jensen C12 or P12.

Archived