Gibson Brands Forums

What Are Your Plans Christmas day?

Digger

The Digger household is having a reasonably quiet one this year!

Gael & I, her sister and bloke and his mum, plus our son Greg. Just the 6 of us.

Something of a contrast where other years we’ve had up to 24 people here stuffed in the house because it was too hot to be outside.

My daughter and her husband are dropping in later in the day and of course I will ring the kids that are in town or interstate.

That’s the thing about Christmas, not the presents because they don’t matter, it’s the people.

How about you?

Guest Farnsbarns

We're having my in-laws here for lunch, then my younger brother, mother and father will appear in the evening. My next door neighbors will come round in the evening for drinks. We've had them as guests all day the last couple of years but they have other plans this year. (We're extremely lucky to call our neighbours friends. Not just friendly, but proper friends).

For the last 2 years we've had people here and done the hosting thing. We both much prefer it.

On boxing day we'll be seeing my lot again,along with my older brother and his family.

Sounds like you'll be having a more relaxed affair than normal. I do hope you have a wonderful day.

I imagine a quiet one here too. Just Deb and me. The kids are headed to Florida with Kristel's parents from Michigan and they are headed to Disney World. Grayson is 3 now so he will enjoy that immensely. So Deb and I will enjoy a quiet lunch and dinner here with Sundance. Maybe watch a couple of movies.

our 2 youngest daughters & their fiancee's are spending the night, along with their dogs. so besides our 2 Boxers, there will be a Victorian Bulldog & a Australian Shepherd running through the house. I'll be drinking coffee & filming the carnage.

Oh, the usual; Sledging, building a Snowman and so on...

Just the wife, Daughter andmyself. I hope to spend lots of time in the kitchen cooking and then lots more time eating, drinking and being merry.

I'll call my brother and family.

Probably watch some telly for a change.

We always used to go over to the in-laws in La Rochelle but - and I am truly not exaggerating - every single time we travelled over the Xmas period there was a major problem either on way out or on the return journey. We've had;

A flight cancelled due to bird-strikes destroying the engine of an aeroplane.

Force 9 storms - and no crossing possible - when we took the ferry

Eurostar cancelled due to 'snow blocking the warning horn' - with no functioning horn the train is not allowed to run.

...and many more. Now we stay at home and visit France for Easter.

Pip.

Guest Farnsbarns

My wife and I will go get dim sum in the morning and then lounge around and eat home made Korean food for the rest of the day at home with her brother and parents. There will be egg nog too.

I have never had egg nog. I've never even seen it. The only reason I've even heard of it is from tv. Obviously it's a drink and I s'pose I'm safe in assuming it has eggs in it? Is it something people really have? What is it?

Starts Friday night with a bunch of muso mates and their girls over here for a BBQ on our deck and plenty of booze and rock n roll - crapping myself whether there's enough gas left in the cylinder for the barbie - Scotsman in me says I gotta run it dry before I take it to the swap n go, the Aussie in me says never ever risk running out of BBQ gas....

Xmas day will be family here for lunch and next door to inlaws for dinner. Looking at the grocery bill my wife racked up yesterday I think it will then be a couple of weeks of eating leftovers.

My wife and I will go get dim sum in the morning and then lounge around and eat home made Korean food for the rest of the day at home with her brother and parents. There will be egg nog too.

We love having Asian food Christmas morning also.

Dutch Baby for breakfast, Christmas Parade on the television machine.

Nice dinner, we'll make something.

Louis Roederer Rose

Iron Horse Fairy Tale

Spend some time hating Pippy for visiting <pronounce like George Blagden> Fraaawwhnts and coming home with what he comes home with.

rct

For starters, I'll be celebrating my second day as a 71 year old! Champagne all around LOL. Mrs. G's daughter will be down from LA for the weekend, so just the 3 of us. My kids all live on the other side of the country, so it will be phone calls at some point. And since Mrs. G is still nursing a broken ankle, we had no decorations this year (that's her thing, not mine). Other than that, it's just another day LOL.

Spend some time hating Pippy for visiting <pronounce like George Blagden> Fraaawwhnts and coming home with what he comes home with....

Really? A cold?

msp_laugh.gif

We're still polishing off the last few dozen from the last raid. Tonight it's nothing more special than a 2003 St. Emilion.

But I'm really looking forward to the next cross-channel escapade - probably sometime mid-Jan which should be before too much work cranks-up.

Pip.

I have never had egg nog. I've never even seen it. The only reason I've even heard of it is from tv. Obviously it's a drink and I s'pose I'm safe in assuming it has eggs in it? Is it something people really have? What is it?

It really does exist. It has cream, eggs and whiskey (bourbon) in it - at least the way I've always had it. Also nutmeg. It is really rich and really good. :rolleyes:

Really? A cold?

msp_laugh.gif

We're still polishing off the last few dozen from the last raid. Tonight it's nothing more special than a 2003 St. Emilion.

But I'm really looking forward to the next cross-channel escapade - probably sometime mid-Jan which should be before too much work cranks-up.

Pip.

Cristal. Valrhona Ivoire. You have your assignment.

rct

Due to geography and family animosity, I haven't shared a Christmas with my family since 1983. And with my wife's family feuding with one another on a scale that would make the Ultimate Fighting Championsip proud, it should be quiet this year. My step-daughter, son-in-law and two grandkids will come over for a traditional Christmas meal, but that should be it. And believe me, I'm not complaining.

I'm working, as I always do. Just another day for me really, and I have family anywhere close to be with. My gift to my staff is to give them the day off if they want it.

We were just talking about night time up there. Man, looking down that plateau with the satellites tumbling by...

"...Monsieur Neary...I envy you..."

rct

Well Christmas morning we all gather at my youngest sons house to watch my granddaughter Sophia open gifts. Then I make my world famous waffles for breakfast. My wife and I then head back to our place to make my traditional Christmas day Lasagna. That afternoon all my kids and grandkiddos will be over for gift exchange and dinner.

We just had two new additions in the past couple months with the arrival of grands 4 and 5 ( Angelo and Margot) so it should be a festive holiday.

Archived