Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OasisFan79

Gibson SG - Do you usually get a photo of in the bag?

Hi all. First post.

I've just bought a Gibson SG Special from Gear4Music in the UK and in the gig bag along with all of the other stuff was a photograph of what I presume is my guitar just before it left the Gibson workshop.

This is my first Gibson so I was wondering if this is standard practice for Gibson to include a photograph of the actual guitar? It's a pretty cool idea if so.

The guitar is absolutely stunning.

Cheers

Got one with my 2017 LP Traditional HP, as said its a pretty nice touch from the guys at Gibson.

I was torn between an SG and a Les Paul........the LP won [biggrin]

Guess I'll be saving up for the SG next!!

The Gibson basses also have the photo included in with their paperwork in the case pocket.

I got a photo when I bought a LP Standard last January. But later in the year I bought a Custom Shop guitar (for twice the price) and no photo of that one. The CS guitar did have a Certificate of Authenticity, but no owners manual, multi-tool, strap, none of the stuff that was included with the Gibson USA model, seems odd, but the guitar is great so a minor thing. [confused]

Edited by Twang Gang

The 2018 SG Std. Bass has a black velcro sealed bag, that has the Gibson multi adjustment tool, a Gibson black polishing cloth, warranty card, inspection card, and the photo on the set up desk. A Gibson black shoulder strap is also in the accessory pocket of the case.

The 2018 SG Std. Bass has a black velcro sealed bag, that has the Gibson multi adjustment tool, a Gibson black polishing cloth, warranty card, inspection card, and the photo on the set up desk. A Gibson black shoulder strap is also in the accessory pocket of the case.

I bought a 2017 Tribute that came with all that stuff also, nice touch.

Yeah, my 2018 Special came with a photograph. This was the first instance where I've had a photo included with a new Gibson guitar. But then, my 2018 Special is the first new Gibson I've purchased since 2013.

... and congrats! Mine is a natural finish. Post a pic of yours... or maybe post a pic of the pic! [laugh]

Edited by darling67