Gibson Brands Forums

Shadow Pickup Ring E Tuner

Rabs

Anyone tried one of these?

Ive only ever seen them in some Epiphone models and im surprised that they haven't been more widely adapted since I reckon its a pretty cool idea... I have two that will be going in my next builds so we will see.. But was just wondering if anyone has experience with them?

tg62PfX.jpg

NEWUMEl.jpg

They do a curved bottom one too for LP type guitars.. I may even decide to try one in my LP Standard..

I've never tried them but that's a terrific idea! Right where you can see it, nothing clamped on the headstock or plugged in, out of the way where no one but the player can easily see it. I like it. Can't wait to hear how it works out.

I like the idea. How much they go for?

Well its odd... theres loads of people trying to sell them at about £35... I found a seller doing them for £12.99... So, not that much either way... I checked and the ones I have are proper original Shadow brand too?? Just some people trying to take the P I reckon.

Nice idea. Unless it doesnt work; as rct sort of implied.

Oh I don't know if it works. It doesn't save anyone anything if they don't use pickup ringed guitars exclusively. I've usually got a Fedner and a Gobsin when I'm out, so I'd still be using the old tuner and all that.

rct

Well its odd... theres loads of people trying to sell them at about £35... I found a seller doing them for £12.99... So, not that much either way... I checked and the ones I have are proper original Shadow brand too?? Just some people trying to take the P I reckon.

So if get it and hate it, you not out to much, I guess it's worth a shot.

Cool idea, not sure I could see it or get my finger in there to turn it on or off? Does it work off the vibration from the body? Battery powered? Don't see much space for even a little button hearing aid type battery?

I like the idea, but I'd want to try one before I thought about installing it.

Cool idea, not sure I could see it or get my finger in there to turn it on or off? Does it work off the vibration from the body? Battery powered? Don't see much space for even a little button hearing aid type battery?

I like the idea, but I'd want to try one before I thought about installing it.

No its got a small box that sits under the pickup.. then you have to wire it to the volume pot.... Easy enough though.

And this isn't in English but you can see whats going on easy enough

Archived