Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Thunderhorse Pickguard?

Infi-del

So I have an Epi Thunderhorse that I am wanting to hotrod. Part of that is getting a new pickguard. Bought one for a Gibson 76 Reissue Explore not knowing if it would fit and no surprise it does not. It was too wide to fit in between the pickups, and was shorter overall and the screw holes didn't match up.

How does one go about finding the proper sized pickguard for one of these. I may go custom and send mine off to be copied... but i'd like to avoid that if possible. Any info would be helpful. Thank you.

Welcome. I've always liked the Terrapin site, for pick guards. I haven't bought from them in the last year or two, but you could pull up your guitar model, print out a to-scale paper copy of the guard and actually check the fit. Anything that wasn't exactly right, you'd mark and mail it into them. Two weeks later, a perfect fit. I've sent them traces of what I want and even the stock pick guard (to copy), when changing materials. Handy hint: I'd take a magazine, insert the stock guard and mail it Media Mail (very cheap USPS rate). They'd return it and the new one in the same magazine, Media Mail. I've done 6 or 7 guards with them and always had a great experience. Picture before and after, when you work it out.

Archived