Gibson Brands Forums

Craigslist Poster Goes Off!!!

Californiaman

Everytime I post anything like that on my local CL it gets flagged & removed because of the very people selling their crap for more than what they paid for it new get upset & flag me. I gave up. I figure if you're smart enough to get on the internet you're smart enough to google the item you're looking at to see what it's selling for used other places on the internet. If not - you are going to pay more than it's worth & that's your problem. I like what this person posted & it makes very good sense (which seems to be in shorter supply this day and age) [unsure]

i found a red knob twin in working condition. i sold it for $450 without any problems at all. it sold really fast. it seemed like a decent amp, just waaaayyy to loud for my needs at the time. i came up with the price by looking at other ads when i did a google search. i would rather not think i overcharged someone, although there's nothing i could do about it now. my only investment was rolling it up the hall from the storage room, into the elevator to my apt, and a about 20 minutes to research and take a few pics and post an ad. i was also on layoff at the time, so serendipity there

It's always a case of buyer beware.

Knowledge is power. The 40% mark-up on pretty much any retail item is standard. You have to be able to negotiate and buy at a price that suits your budget.

Nothing is worth more than what you're willing to pay for it. If you believe you got a good deal, you got a good deal.

Like the Electro Harmonix POG I found priced at $140.00. They said they would let me have it for $60.00. Sure, it's used. Yes, it's way below market value.

Anyway. My point about this guys post was I agree with him. There are way too many people wanting to get full price for used gear.

No thanks. I'll be patient and wait for the right time and price when it comes to buying guitars and gear.

Archived