Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MichaelDH

2018 ES 339

Nice looking 339. I don't think it matters too much what model year (2018 vs others), as I believe the construction and the materials have been the same for quite awhile.

While you are there do yourself a favor and try a 336 as well. The 336 has mahogany back, sides, and center block all carved from one piece of wood with a carved maple top and thus it's tone is more akin to a Les Paul.

The 339 with it's maple/poplar/maple material will be more like a 335. They are both about the same size, but quite different tones. You can't go wrong with either one, just a matter of personal taste.

Happy hunting [thumbup] [thumbup]

CO5L1Yc.jpg?1

yPiHha8.jpg?1

Very happy so far with the decision to get this one. Great feel, fit and finish, the color is almost a teal depending on the lighting.

Very nice warm tones but can give a pretty good snap when you want it.

CO5L1Yc.jpg?1

yPiHha8.jpg?1

Very happy so far with the decision to get this one. Great feel, fit and finish, the color is almost a teal depending on the lighting.

Luvverly!

CO5L1Yc.jpg?1

yPiHha8.jpg?1

Great looking guitar. I just got a 339 Studio. I really did want to step up a notch or two but going this route saved me enough cash to get a new head for my new Peavey 112 cab with the Celestion V 30. I'm good with that

That is a sweet color!!! I like the colors that seem to change with the lighting as you described.

I have a 339 black satin. Has 57 classics in it. I love the guitar, I prefer over my Les Paul Standard.