Gibson Brands Forums

Merry Christmas, Ya Bunch Of Animals........

Murph

This is about 10 years I've been a member of this Forum, because the first one was replaced by this one.

Gilliangirl, and the Hall Groper were there, I see Hall is still around from time to time.

We've had good times and bad times and battles and scars just like any other family. People come, people go, some come back, some don't. I wonder when I die and disappear if you guys will simply think I got mad or bored?

All in all it's a hoot and we do have a lot of fun, and none of it's all that serious.

I'd like to thank Henry for saving Gibson, and Gibson for allowing us this Forum. Henry catches a lot of heat, but is responsible for several of my favorite guitars in the World being here. And I've been introduced to some really good musicians through this Forum, be it members, suggestions, links, or just a name mentioned I've researched later. While some will complain about members posting music we can't help it. We just can't. And we are the ones buying the guitars.

Kudo's to ksdaddy for letting it go. And shutting it down.

So, as we turn more towards our family and friends in the next few days let me be the first to say Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Well said, Murph...lovely message for the wee hours. I am a time zone east of you, waiting for the sun to rise on a Carolina beach and counting my blessings. Thanks for rounding up a bunch of 'em.

Merry Christmas to you and to the rest of the forum fam!

Nice sentiment Murph. And lest folks forget, when Piezo purchased Gibson the first thing they did was put the music division on the chopping block. There were no takers. Had Henry J. not stepped up, the Gibson name would have been sold and we would all be playing guitars labeled "Made in China."

I have never really counted up my blessings. I know how lucky I am. I have a wife who puts up with me and children who tolerate me. My dog loves me but the cat, well he hates me. But the feeling is mutual. And I want to thank all you guys for giving me a place to learn, vetch and brag.

Anne, where are you? My oldest son rented a house this weeks on the outerbanks with 4 buddies. Surfing every day...

Folly Beach (Charleston), a block from the famed Washout, which is said to be one of the top surfing spots on the East coast.

Me, I most definitely am not surfing!

Heading back home to the mountains later today, though.

I remember when I first came here, probably close to 15 years ago - a young man named Murphy Slaw courteously answered some of my stupid questions. (Like "I have ladder bracing on the back of my LG1, is that OK?"

And didn't come back later to correct me when he wanted to get into banjos and I pointed him to the Deering Boston incorrectly telling him it had a maple neck.

And, I remember another fine member who helped me sort through the possibilities of completing my trifecta and pointing me to a J45 Custom Koa at Rainbow guitars.

I wouldn't have the great guitars I have now, if it weren't for the indulgences and help I've found on this forum.

And, if it weren't for ParlorMan, I wouldn't know that when someone asks "What 'cher wearing?" ... to ignore them.

So - here's my little gift:

Copy & Paste this into your Web Browser - if you like Traditional, Classic Christmas music.

This isn't that - but it's just as good.

Robert Earl Keene - "Merry Christmas From The Family".

Merry Christmas Murphy Slaw and to everyone. Being an old analog man I'm not too active here anymore beyond a positive comment from time to time, but I check in every day to see what is happening. As a member of the first forum I recall there were 200 to 250 of us; Ksdaddy might remember. Hope everyone has a good one.

It has been a weird year. Last night I lit up the tree for the first evening the year, was reminded by Red's annual holiday video to plug it in, and headed over to a friends house to swap songs with a few folks. Loaned my J-35 to a musician about to go on tour thru Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Texas - he can't believe the sound - his Martin is in the shop because he dropped it at a gig in Fort Collins. Had it not been for this forum I may have never acquired more than my original used J-45, never traveled to Bozeman, never met Ren, and never felt so close to such a rock-pile community as this online forum family.

Merry Christmas, Ho-Ho-Ho and all that.

Smile Fierce !!!

g1j2ttx.jpg

It has been a weird year. Last night I lit up the tree for the first evening the year, was reminded by Red's annual holiday video to plug it in, and headed over to a friends house to swap songs with a few folks. Loaned my J-35 to a musician about to go on tour thru Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Texas - he can't believe the sound - his Martin is in the shop because he dropped it at a gig in Fort Collins. Had it not been for this forum I may have never acquired more than my original used J-45, never traveled to Bozeman, never met Ren, and never felt so close to such a rock-pile community as this online forum family.

Merry Christmas, Ho-Ho-Ho and all that.

Smile Fierce !!!

g1j2ttx.jpg

Dan, that tree is so beautiful. I'm glad that in some small way I played a part in its lighting. How graceful it looks in the snow, and what a great view you have of it through all those windows. Merry Christmas!

Red 333

Merry Christmas from all us Gibson owners in the UK. I've seen next year's prices, so we may be the last, barring used and pre loved buyers, and even the used Gibsons are rising in price on a par with new. Times is gettin' hard! Happy New Year!

Terribly sad news - flies in the face of spreading Christmas Cheer.

Archived