Gibson Brands Forums

Bah Humbug

LarryUK

What a sh+t Christmas. I've been ill for weeks with a bad chest then a few days back it progressed to my head. Nothing has cleared it. Then yesterday afternoon my Staffy started being sick. I've been up with him all night, Loads of yellow froth. Then at 4.30am my ex calls, her mother has a rat in her kitchen (no UB40 remarks). So I had to go round there and sort that. I'm Knacke+ed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5KzCGRvEWk

I thought things would be ok yesterday. This was the morning. My two love animal films. They watched it all.

Get well soon! I've been sick for several days real bad and started getting over it when the wife got sick with it. Now I got it back again. We're both coughing with head colds blowing the nose till it's sore so know how you feel. Kids are gone to Florida at Disney World so we have to take care of things there for them while their gone. Maybe we will feel fine for the new year, that's 6 more days here. Take care! msp_thumbup.gif

Sorry to hear about the illnesses, Larry, but well done in the rat dept.

Both my wife and I have stinkers of colds, too, but to put things into proper perspective; yesterday for Christmas dinner we invited a very close fiend 'round whose wife had died a few days earlier. He is utterly devastated. Christmas is never going to be a happy time for him ever again, I fear. Very difficult time for him indeed, poor soul.

Give those you love an extra-special hug today......and every other day, too, for that matter.

Pip.

EDIT : Sorry to hear about your dad's problems, too, FZF. A year's worth of antibiotics! Hope the effects kick in soon after the treatment starts and he feels a lot better very soon.

better days are coming Larry..

so how DOES one get a rat out of a house anyway???

The road outside was dug up about two years ago for gas works. A massive rat infestation of the area followed. She had them in the house about 18 months ago. Got them sorted, but the cold seems to have brought them back. This one had come from below the kitchen sink unit. I blocked the hole and made sure it had gone. She can contact whoever deals with it tomorrow. She's over 80 and is on her own now, so you have to help.

1514289302[/url]' post='1903773']

Friday I went to Duke University Medical Center. My father-in-law got admitted to the ICU for a rare lung bacteria called Norcardia. He is in a regular room now. The doctors said once he gets out after maybe the 1st of the year he will be on antibiotics for a year or more. So I've been at the hospital all Xmas weekend with my wife.

Prayers for your father in law FZ.

Archived