Gibson Brands Forums

What did you get for Christmas that you really liked?

Mr. Gibson

a sound machine for sleeping, has thunderstorm,ocean,brook,summer night,rain and white noise sounds. I had one years ago and liked it so I mentioned that I would like one again. Thanks Santa! I liked everything else but I really liked this, my ears ring so this helps me fall asleep faster.

I am a pretty die hard Gibson guy but when my girlfriend asked for my Christmas list a few PRS guitars made it on there. Well, Christmas day (actually the week before) I opened up a PRS Standard 22 in antique white. Gotta admit, while I still may be a Gibson guy that PRS is a killer guitar. I'll post some pictures once I get back to the office.

I am a pretty die hard Gibson guy but when my girlfriend asked for my Christmas list a few PRS guitars made it on there. Well, Christmas day (actually the week before) I opened up a PRS Standard 22 in antique white. Gotta admit, while I still may be a Gibson guy that PRS is a killer guitar. I'll post some pictures once I get back to the office.

NICE !!

I got a few bits of Photo kit that I really love but, as I sort-of in effect suggested them & bought them for myself (...msp_blushing.gif...), it's hardly a surprise I like them....

Second-hand happy-snap-point-and-shoot pocket camera. Leica D-Lux 4;

New_old_point-and-shoot_Lo-res.jpg

A pair of "7artisans" 50mm f1.1 lenses in Leica-M mount.

I originally bought the black one to see if it was any good and I was so captivated by the way it renders an image I bought a second one in satin-chrome...

L1110047_lo-res.jpg

Pip.

i got a bag of 700 tootsie rolls. i know most of you are thinking...ummmmohhkaaayyy......but for me, it's a fun gift because of a shared thing between me and my best friend. there is a tootsie roll story but it probably wouldn't be that entertaining to relate. the funnest thing of all though, is how much fun my grandson is having on his dirtbike. he'll be gaming less come springtime. he may even get a tan spot on the 2 square inches of him that is not protected by safety gear. [thumbup]

I got four or five ( need to count them ) guitar books, but one of them is the history of Gibson guitars and from the beginning, it shows how each model was spawned of the previous model and the changes they went through to get where they are now .

Could not put it down last night, and it’s a huge book.

Also got one very similar to it, but with the Fender brand.

Then a few more , one about all electric, and one all about acoustic guitars

But the best gift of all are the pictures of my grand kids opening their gifts

Not much into Christmas anymore, but really enjoy seeing the grand kids and the excitement on their faces.

Nothing! I admit this year was better than last year when all I got was one pair of gloves. All I got this year was a firewood rack. I don't use my fireplace much and I already had one, but now I have two. I did get myself a 2018 LP Classic a couple months back, but I'm selling it because the P-90s sound like humbuckers and the guitar weighs 946.93 lbs. BOO! [thumbdn]

I got a great Gibson guitar, detailed in another thread.

But I also got some really nice black t-shirts (long sleeve and short sleeved), along with a pair of my favorite Levis jeans.

They are all in the washing machine right now, and are about to take a trip thru the clothes dryer.

[unsure]

I didn't get anything too big, which is fine with me. My son's did get me a few cool things.

A pair of Ray Ban sunglasses. I've never owned any glasses that cost more than about $10, so these are a real treat for me. cool.gif

A nice bottle of Basil Hayden's Rye Whiskey. I'm a big fan of their bourbon, so it's cool to give this Limited Release rye a try.

Well I had a wonderful day, I got to spend time with my two adult sons and my lovely wife. I made a couple of the dinner dish's I did the turkey, and the sweet potato's.

I had already gotten a new (To me) Gibson Les Paul Studio, so I needed nothing else, time with your family is something that you just can buy.

We had my two boys, her two boys, their girlfriends and our grandbaby over all at the same time for dinner. That was really the best present for us. It's the first time we've had everyone over at our house. I got her some diamond earrings and the Ninja coffee machine thing they advertise on TV. She got me Alice Cooper tickets, a new Boss Chorus, Delay and Reverb pedals to go into the pedalboard she got me for my birthday. All filled up now with Crybaby wah, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Noise Gate and tuner. All of my old DOD pedals have different power hookups, and some don't work so she upgraded me. Overall, it was really good and everyone had a wonderful Christmas. The best present was having everyone over at the same time.

Archived