Gibson Brands Forums

Darwins Law?

Digger

Huh, first I saw of this. Why do people call in false stuff like this and it got an innocent man shot. Although he should have raised his arms as instructed. If police have guns drawn never act like your going for a gun. Sad! They should arrest the person on a false call since this lead to a death.

Huh, first I saw of this. Why do people call in false stuff like this and it got an innocent man shot. Although he should have raised his arms as instructed. If police have guns drawn never act like your going for a gun. Sad! They should arrest the person on a false call since this lead to a death.

Absolute lunacy IMO!

I mean how is calling a SWAT team out going to end well?

1514670274[/url]' post='1904959']

Absolute lunacy IMO!

I mean how is calling a SWAT team out going to end well?

I knew a sheriff from Kansas at the Burlington Northern. He quit his law enforcement job for the Railroad and told me some stories. It used to be law that an Officer couldn't shoot until after they saw a gun being drawn towards the officer. He told me a knife had to be raised and in a throwing stance before they could fire. Obviously now those laws have changed because it seems they can just shoot you if they don't like what they see now. Plus courts usually always take the officers words now to.

I knew a sheriff from Kansas at the Burlington Northern. He quit his law enforcement job for the Railroad and told me some stories. It used to be law that an Officer couldn't shoot until after they saw a gun being drawn towards the officer. He told me a knife had to be raised and in a throwing stance before they could fire. Obviously now those laws have changed because it seems they can just shoot you if they don't like what they see now. Plus courts usually always take the officers words now to.

Yeah, they've got itchy trigger fingers these days. We see it all too much. I know how we can alleviate law enforcement's anxieties over having a gun drawn on them.... but it would make far too much sense to ever be implemented in the U.S.A.

Unless a video, taken by an unseen bystander, surfaces and contradicts the officer's story... the courts sure as hell will side with them.

someone swatted my sons about 12 yrs ago. cops called me @3 am and tell me that there is a hostage situation at my ex's house. she was on vacation, and left the boys, 17 & 21 to themselves for a few days. i drive down there and the whole street is blocked off, cops and firetrucks everywhere. my younger boy managed to call out on his cell phone and help end things without getting shot. however, it was very tense for a while because the cops weren't taking any chances. the kid who did it was caught, but i don't know what happened to him. probably nothing, he was under 18

1514689983[/url]' post='1905045']

Yeah, they've got itchy trigger fingers these days. We see it all too much. I know how we can alleviate law enforcement's anxieties over having a gun drawn on them.... but it would make far too much sense to ever be implemented in the U.S.A.

Unless a video, taken by an unseen bystander, surfaces and contradicts the officer's story... the courts sure as hell will side with them.

Well, at least that's what I read here. Jury's go for favor of the officer, at least that's what they've done in the past. Not that far back a gal called police for a disturbance or something, think a person may have had a gun? When police arrived in a alley the gal who called the police approached the car and the passenger officer shot over the driver

thouugh his window killing the unarmed lady who called. They said the alley was lit and only a brush or she may have touched the car. Not a reason to be alarmed or threatened, just plain murder and the officer got off.

Archived