Gibson Brands Forums

J45 birthday year

blindboygrunt

Not even close on historical accuracy: 20-fret bound fretboard, bound soundhole, slim taper neck (by the specs), tri-burst, drop-in saddle, individual tuners.

They don't even say whether or not it is an all hide glue guitar. It had better be for that money.

You can buy a decent late-40's or early 50's J-45 for that kind of money. Or a J-45 Legend for less, if you want historical accuracy in a modern J-45.

Sheesh...

I don't think a person who can afford this and is interested in the J45's 75th anniversary (gold &diamonds) would think they're getting an historically accurate reproduction. Jeep Wrangler has a 75th Anniversary Edition. No one expects that to have all the antiquated engineering and materials of the 1940s. That said, the pricing is only going to attract a handful of ersatz collectors. This is not much different than the pink J45s we were discussing a couple of weeks ago: Pure Marketing.

I don't think a person who can afford this and is interested in the J45's 75th anniversary (gold &diamonds) would think they're getting an historically accurate reproduction. Jeep Wrangler has a 75th Anniversary Edition. No one expects that to have all the antiquated engineering and materials of the 1940s. That said, the pricing is only going to attract a handful of ersatz collectors. This is not much different than the pink J45s we were discussing a couple of weeks ago: Pure Marketing.

Of course.

And I didn’t know that the j45 had a big birthday coming up

The guitar will definitely generate interest in j45’s and other gibsons

Not even close on historical accuracy: 20-fret bound fretboard, bound soundhole, slim taper neck (by the specs), tri-burst, drop-in saddle, individual tuners.

They don't even say whether or not it is an all hide glue guitar. It had better be for that money.

You can buy a decent late-40's or early 50's J-45 for that kind of money. Or a J-45 Legend for less, if you want historical accuracy in a modern J-45.

Sheesh...

It is very nice but...I agree with Nick.

Archived