Gibson Brands Forums

Heading to NYC

Dave1963

If you can rent a car take a trip to the Martin Guitar factory in Bethlehem, PA.

You'll be glad you did.

I thought that the Martin factory was in Nazareth, but yeah, what a side trip.

Edit: spelling, duh

Thanks for all the help guys. I am not looking at going too far as I am not driving (this time). It's only a short trip and our first time there together, so touristy bits will have to be done too.....Rudy's looks like a good choice.....and yes, it's a shame that Mannys has gone, I always wanted to go there....

Ha, you're right, it is in Nazareth!

One of my friends lives two blocks from the Martin factory and I'd only been past it a thousand times before I finally walked over to see the place.

At any rate, you can spend a full day there and not see everything, the museum is really something and watching the guitars get put together is fun, too.

Roger. Wonder if they will let me touch a D-45?

They sure will. They'll have a room full of them and if what you want isn't there they'll go get one.

I had some beers with CFMIV after a long day of touring and hanging around. Got really lucky, their west coast rep took a few of us. It was great, they were great, place was great. A great day all around. I think.

rct

I avoid NYC like the plague. Miserable traffic, insane prices and in my mind, it is completely overrated. I live in Pennsylvania and have not made the pilgrimage up for a Martin tour yet. Normally when it is warmer out, if I want to go somewhere, the wife is going with me and she hates all things guitar and I am not sure why. . . [confused]

I was there last September, not much for music stores in Manhattan. I went into Guitar Center Times Square, it was not much to talk about. They have all the guitars locked to the wall hangers, so it's a pain to try anything.

It's a fun place with so much more to do, I am sure your days will be full.

The subway was easy to get around on and I found it very safe.

Can't wait for my next trip back there.

Archived