Gibson Brands Forums

Las Vegas for the weekend

brc

Had to fly into Las Vegas this weekend for a funeral.

I lived here from the early 1970s until late 1987.

Can not believe the change in the city, but so glad I moved my daughters out of here back then.

Far as I am concerned, unless you live here, you don’t understand it’s really not a great place to raise a family,

Might be a great town to party and have a good time, but I would never move back here again.

Adult entertainment 24 hours a day. What's not to love? Strollers and kids running around like it's a playground. It's a spectacular place to eat and drink and have fun. As usual, stupid kids too young to have kids ruin everything.

rct

Adult entertainment 24 hours a day. What's not to love? Strollers and kids running around like it's a playground. It's a spectacular place to eat and drink and have fun. As usual, stupid kids too young to have kids ruin everything.

rct

I'm gonna have to beg your pardon boss. You are vastly underestimating the value of 23 year old single mothers who want to get drunk and screw, and don't want you to take care of them or their brats. (at least they all say they are single.)

Otherwise...yeah, carry on....sorry...

I'm gonna have to beg your pardon boss. You are vastly underestimating the value of 23 year old single mothers who want to get drunk and screw, and don't want you to take care of them or their brats. (at least they all say they are single.)

Otherwise...yeah, carry on....sorry...

I know 23 year old milfs well, I usually spend a little time with them in hopes their mom is around. They never fall far from the tree!

It's the fukking kids that don't belong running around in bars while we are setting up for a 10 oclock start. Or thousands of other places they don't belong in. Vegas is just a giant one.

rct

I know 23 year old milfs well, I usually spend a little time with them in hopes their mom is around. They never fall far from the tree!

rct

Yeah, hear ya RCT. When you bag the 23 year old + the mom, that's called a double double.

Had to fly into Las Vegas this weekend for a funeral.

I lived here from the early 1970s until late 1987.

Can not believe the change in the city, but so glad I moved my daughters out of here back then.

Far as I am concerned, unless you live here, you don’t understand it’s really not a great place to raise a family,

Might be a great town to party and have a good time, but I would never move back here again.

I have the same feelings about New Orleans. I had visited there when I was single, staggering around the French Quarter, guzzling down Hurricanes at Pat O'Brien's and thinking that life was good. Then I transferred there in 1988. Now I was married (barely one year) with a 14 year old step-daughter. Now I had to deal with finding decent schools, quality of life and other family-related issues. A great party town, but if you live there, eventually you sober up, look around say, "holy crap!"

I was reading on the internet while waiting for my family to pick me up, that 44 percent of the population here work in the tourist industry, which is gaming, cocktails, maids, and such.

I was able to meet some old friends while I was here, and each one of them told me they wish they would have left the area also.

While I lived here, I worked hi- rise construction, and also opened my guitar shop n 1974.

It’s just not the same as it was when I first moved here in the early 1970s.

Maybe if you are single, or even married without kids, I could see where you could make a good living, but to raise your kids here, it just does not have the feel of a place where you would want to raise your own.

As far as the “ Bunny Ranch”. Never heard of that one. But I have visited the Cottentail, Sheri’s , Betties, Chicken Ranch,Cherry Patch, and even went to the Mustang Ranch near Reno one time.

But even those places have changed so much . You go in one of them , leave your walle in your car ! They will work you for every nickel in your pocket. It’s what they do, try and get as much money from you as possible.

Headed back late today, short visit with a long flight.

Archived