Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Drops Cakewalk (Sonar)

drathbun

Guest Farnsbarns

I can certainly tell you why I don't use Chrome and won't use it Farns.

Chrome imported my "favourites" ok from IE but didn't put them in the order I favour. But what is much worse and what I find completely unacceptable is it puts the favourites bar almost slap bang in the middle of the screen and I can't seem to move it to the left side (which I prefer).

MS Edge is almost as bad although it "sorted" the favourites out much better but insists on placing the bar to the right (which I hate) and insists on me using Bing (useless) as a search engine.

All of that can be changed, including the search engine in edge (not that I consider edge to be a realistic choice for a browser).

And you could just use Chrome for this purpose.

All of that can be changed, including the search engine in edge (not that I consider edge to be a realistic choice for a browser).

And you could just use Chrome for this purpose.

I'm not much of a computer geek Farns. I managed to get the favourites bar in Chrome over to the left by using the "favourites manager" option but then as soon as I click on something it disappears (I want it to stay visible) and I have to go through the whole performance with manager to get it back again.

No, I'm not a fan of Edge either but IE is so unstable nowadays that it is not far off unusable. I sued to use Firefox a lot but for some reason (don't know why) I have just gone off it.

Sounds like Gibson tried to make sure when they 'dropped' Cakewalk - their customers would be taken care of by the new company. Frustrating if you have to diddle with interface software. But, that is the way of the world. We bought "Alexa' a couple of years ago and it would play virtually any song/artist you requested. Now, you have to go to Spotify.. I guess that's why they went public in April.

Archived