Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson model at CES

Rabs

The fact that they skipped NAMM (North American Music Merchants) and showed everything at CES (Consumer Electronics Show) shows what Gibson's vision of their future is like.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-2018-gibson-no-show-confirmed

I have total trust in Gibson to do the right thing here 😁 I mean just look at those wonderful new model guitars featured here... what about the models not mentioned here with neon paint... these are genius ideas! If my company was in the hole and I wanted to keep it going, I would put some neon paint on what I was selling and make some grotesque shape to boot. Bravo!

Frankly I do like the shape of the first guitar but the body seems very little.

Frankly I do not blame Gibson for skipping NAMM, I am not sure why NAMM is still a thing considering it all can be done online.

Plus, nothing new Gibson does is well received why go to NAMM and show new stuff nobody wants there?

Frankly I do not blame Gibson for skipping NAMM, I am not sure why NAMM is still a thing considering it all can be done online.

Plus, nothing new Gibson does is well received why go to NAMM and show new stuff nobody wants there?

It gives people a chance to "hook up".

I agree. NAMM is a back patting nutsack fapping buddy fest of the same guzzlers that have been going on a nice revenue write down vacation for them and their buds for as long as anyone can remember. It started as two shows so the two coasts could keep abreast of things in a world of big black plastic phones and not even faxes. It was completely unnecessary by the mid 90's. In fact, what the fukk good is a "show" of everything you can buy when you can only buy it in two or three chains? What, some little mom and pop shop is going out to NAMM and throwing down half a million to sell the latest generation of tuner that fits in your ear? Local Yokel Guitars is going to sign up for 146 thousand dollars worth of three custom shop one offs! Fukking joke.

Talk about doing what we did yesterday and expecting it to work!

It ain't yer dad's company any more folks, hasn't been for quite a while now, it might be time to start trying to get over it.

rct

I agree. NAMM is a back patting nutsack fapping buddy fest of the same guzzlers that have been going on a nice revenue write down vacation for them and their buds for as long as anyone can remember. It started as two shows so the two coasts could keep abreast of things in a world of big black plastic phones and not even faxes. It was completely unnecessary by the mid 90's. In fact, what the fukk good is a "show" of everything you can buy when you can only buy it in two or three chains? What, some little mom and pop shop is going out to NAMM and throwing down half a million to sell the latest generation of tuner that fits in your ear? Local Yokel Guitars is going to sign up for 146 thousand dollars worth of three custom shop one offs! Fukking joke.

It ain't yer dad's company any more folks, hasn't been for quite a while now, it might be time to start trying to get over it.

rct

yea man..

NAAM was like everything else just like it... a boondoggle.. I bet ya 50 bucks if they had one in Boston, (45 mils from me) I still would not go...

The guy at our local music store invited my wife and I to go to NAMM this year with them in Nashville. From what I understand for them i's basically a write-off where they can go look at musical stuff, hang out and talk with others, go out and party, drink and wander Nashville. The women get a drink at the hotel and hang out at the pool while the guys go to the show. Then, came back and go out and more drinking commences. He's never going to be a Gibson or Fender dealer. It's far too expensive. But, since Nashville is only a few hours from here, why not? It'll be a new experience and my wife and I can get away for a couple of days. She's not been to Nashville so she'll enjoy that. She loves going to new places.

rct

My buddy is going this year and wants me to go with. I’m kinda not too interested. You aren’t helping haha

My buddy is going this year and wants me to go with. I’m kinda not too interested. You aren’t helping haha

You should go, everyone that get's an invite should, at least once, it is a cool thing to see and it is a lot of fun.

rct

You should go, everyone that get's an invite should, at least once, it is a cool thing to see and it is a lot of fun.

rct

I went once about 10 years ago. If I get a ticket it will probably be in hopes of getting some free swag but the ticket is $50

Ehh dunno

Archived