Gibson Brands Forums

For Snake Lovers!

Digger

I hope I'm safe in my car. [unsure]

Digger, have you fallen out with someone at the Australian Tourist Board by any chance? ;)

Chuckle, not that know ME but snakes resting under the bonnet is not uncommon here, just thought it was a good photo.

Only a dead snake looks good

Some snakes would have me agreeing with you 4H but it’s against the law to kill them here unless you are in immediate danger.

The red bellied blacks are amongst the least dangerous and they eat the young of the really dangerous snakes here such as Eastern Browns or Tigers and it suits me to have them around. I’ve walked quite close to a big one we have lives here and we don’t bother one another. As long as he keeps away from the buildings, esp,. the house, I’m quite happy to have him around. I almost stepped on him in the grass one time last year and that wouldn’t have ended well, but it wouldn’t have been his fault, more mine for not looking where I was going. (I was stalking rabbits and not looking down)

Is the bonnet the hood or the trunk (boot)?

I saw a rattler beneath the hood once. The like the warmth I suppose.

The bonnet here is the hood. They get in to warm up on the motor sometimes and finding them there can be quite common.

Nothing venomous, please, but a Woma, a Spotted Python, a Children's Python and a few assorted Carpet Pythons would be appreciated!

If you can't tell, I've been crazy about reptiles since around age four. They're just wonderful animals.

Nah we have an oversupply of the nasty ones and I’s be glad to send you those....Gin~

My wife would have had a heart attack. The only venomous snakes we have around here are Copperheads.

Same thing with my wife. Since we've been married, we have lived in Texas, Arizona and Louisiana. No shortage of any number of venemous snakes slithering about. She absolutely freaks out whenever she she sees a snake, venemous or otherwise.

1515637798[/url]' post='1908119']

Same thing with my wife. Since we've been married, we have lived in Texas, Arizona and Louisiana. No shortage of any number of venemous snakes slithering about. She absolutely freaks out whenever she she sees a snake, venemous or otherwise.

Yea, I don't care for them or bother them but they are interesting to me. I do try to take photos close up or Zoom in when I do see one. They make great stories or conversations.

A friend of mine just returned from a 5 week tour of Australia and New Zealand. He said one thing he noticed was that there seemed to be a lot of things in Australia that could kill you. Constant warnings from the tour guides about spiders, snakes, and crocs etc. [scared]

Things like that are taken in their stride by those that were born here or lived her for a while...no big deal and the place offers plenty of compensations.

No snakes in NZ so I’ve thought of dropping some over for them, I mean why should we have all the fun to ourselves?

How does a snake get out of the engine compartment up to the rear view mirror while driving? The widshield and back of the hood are sealed, "The Cowl." And you wouldn't think they would go through the grill with the fan and hot radiator in the way so that leaves the wheel wells. It could exit that area but it would have to slither up the Fender and that would be too slick? What would it grab hold of to get to the hood? Surely not the suspension bouncing up and down.

Last year, I had a garder snake fall out from the back seat of my SUV when I opened the door. My wife and I live in a wooded area, but I believe the snake may have been lodged in some outdoor landscaping stuff we had transported a few days before. I couldn't immediately ID the snake when he fell out, so needless to say, it was quite a surprise.

Archived