Gibson Brands Forums

A Layman's Guide to a Business Model..

dava4444

All the rumour mill needs is a little bit of careful editing of otherwise sane posts.

For instance, here on this very page I read someone who knows 'what's-what' state...

I know that 1 Billion is the size of Gibson Brands Inc.

rct

msp_biggrin.gif

Pip.

Gibson Brands Inc. is in a state of bankruptcy that means the bondholders are running the company solely for their own repayment. The creditors would have to go to court to move their claims against the company, which are many, ahead of the bondholders. In that instance, the company would be sold in pieces to satisfy the creditors. A very large percentage of the creditors are suppliers and other stakeholders in Gibson Guitars.

"move Gibson to China" is not nearly as simple as the rumor-mill thinks it is.

rct

I doubt Gibson will be moved to China. From what I have read, the only profitable part of Gibson lately is the guitar building operation. Creditors won't want to foul that up, since that's how they get repaid. They will sell off as much of the rest of the company as they can, then I would expect they would sell off the guitar making business to some entity who wanted to build guitars or set it up as a free-standing business that generates profit and pays them back. The whole point is to get paid back. Devaluing Gibson won't get them paid back.

OR the rumor-mill has been cranking out that the creditors will move Gibson to China.

So... ? what would you suggest Mega?

My suggestion to Gibson is to get back to basics, build a quality product that people want.

Archived