Gibson Brands Forums

The New Fender Meteora

Rabs

I think it looks quite cool in an Indie-Band type way. I've never really gotten along with Fender's maple 'boards (if they are poly-finished) and I doubt that one would be any different. Nor have I enjoyed the offset-waist Fender produce. I also think the control-part of the 'guard is a bit too large but, having said all that, overall I still think it's rather nice.

msp_smile.gif

Pip.

hipster - a person who follows the latest trends and fashions, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

Erm, yes, FZF. I did actually know that but thanks very much for taking the time to type out the explanation anyhow.

Perhaps I should use an emoticon (whatever they are) to illustrate when I'm not being 100% serious?...

And yes; we do also have Hipsters (the people - not the trousers) over here, too.

To all of them the world over I dedicate (see what I did there?) this next song - as true today as it was back then;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-JKWDC6fDs

Pip.

Edit : Actually we might still have the trousers over here as well for all I know......msp_blink.gif......

Now that version looks better. [thumbup]

I'm so burned out on Butterscotch Fenders! Yeah, I own one too...doesn't everyone? How about a different color? Even Vintage Olympic White would be a welcome change!

Needs a Tremelo......

I actually like it, I do not like large block inlays on any guitar but other than that I think it is cool.

Fender guitars are not pretty, they never were, we are just used to seeing them for decades.

I'd like to see a humbucker version.

I actually like it, I do not like large block inlays on any guitar but other than that I think it is cool.

Fender guitars are not pretty, they never were, we are just used to seeing them for decades.

I'd like to see a humbucker version.

I don't mind it.. The thing is I think this is a bit like the new Modern DC..

When these big companies come up with a swish new design and feel they HAVE to have the traditional headstock it holds the designs back a bit... I am aware that the headstock shapes of Gibson and Fender are totally iconic but common.. If you make an amazing guitar that looks as good as it can and maybe disregard some tradition in favour of good design, eventually that guitar will have its own legacy.

The modern DC especially looks really weird with the traditional head. The Fender isn't so bad as they already have similar offset designs...

Where is the pickup? I don't see it or it is hidden by the chrome scratch plate.

Apparently yes... It wouldn't be much use as an electric guitar otherwise ;)

The modern Voyager has Neodymium Concealed concept pickups under that killer chrome pickguard, and a an Ebony/Maple laminate neck.

https://www.themusiczoo.com/blogs/news/larry-s-lab-fender-voyager-concept

They did have a non hidden pickup one too which is almost exactly like the new one but with a shiny pickguard

hyy992F.jpg

Archived