Gibson Brands Forums

No Truss Rod Tool with new Gibsons....

Larsongs

Good question. I have bought a Gibson in 5 years now so don't know. Maybe that's part of there saving money? Or maybe they forgot to put it in? Or are they getting like Epiphone, you have to buy the top most expensive models to get anything with the guitar? Ha ha.

I haven’t bought a new Gibson in a while but they always came with the tool.

Actually I was under the impression that the new ones came with the cool looking multi-tool.

Now, if the guitar box and case have been opened by the dealer well who is to say somebody didn’t take the tool?

Both of my 2017 Gibsons came with truss rod tool. The Standard came with the new multi-tool.

If you got it new, you should have gotten a few things as case candy. What model and year did you get? Was it new? Where did you get it? Did you get the warranty registration and inspection sheet?

Guest Farnsbarns

Where are you? In the UK all tools and any other accessories have been removed from cases for decades. Finding anything is a rarity.

I bought a new Gibson ES335 from Musiciansfriend in 2013 & there was no Truss Rod Tool.

I bought a brand new Gibson Memphis Blacktop ES Les Paul in July from Sweetwater & it didn't come with one either. I called my Rep & he wasn't sure but thought they were supposed to come with them.

I called Gibson & the Customer Service Guy said they don't come with new Gibsons now but he'd send me a deluxe Truss Rod Tool.

I called about 2 weeks later as I hadn't received it yet. I got a different CS Guy who was a bit of a jerk. I asked if it had been sent. He said, they don't send out Truss Rod Tools for free. I told him what had transpired & he said they don't do that..

So, I thought the first Guy was just pacifying me. So I ordered the Deluxe Tool with Allen wrenches for $29.00 & it came a week later... I wanted to be sure it was the Factory correct Tool as none of my other older Les Paul Tools fit the Truss Rod nut on the new ES Les Paul I'd just purchased... About a week after that I received the one the first CS Rep sent me as a courtesy..

Anyhow, I'm curious. I think every other Guitar I've purchased including previous Gibsons came with a Truss Rod Tool. Seemed weird...

Because of the Tool not fitting the Guitar I couldn't do a Set up. It wasn't a Lacquer issue. I sent it back this past week to Gibson for Warranty Repair....... There's another Thread over in the Memphis Section.......

Seems it a bit hit and miss if you get one or not, depending on where purchased and from what factory. About a year ago I ordered a LP Standard from Sweetwater. I got all the case candy (multi-tool, strap, polish cloth, owners manual, photo of my guitar on the bench at factory being checked out) very cool.

A few months later I ordered a Custom Shop guitar from Guitar Center. It came sealed in the Gibson box and I don't think anyone at Guitar Center ever even opened it up. I spent about twice as much for the CS guitar and got a COA and a warranty card - none of the other stuff.

Go figure [confused]

Archived