Gibson Brands Forums

Nutube pedals

Rabs

Guest Farnsbarns

Hmm, interesting this new tech seems to be catching on a bit.. Bloody expensive though (but I kind of expect that with brand new tech)

And if you missed what a Nutube is, check this.

They will only catch on if muppets fall for the hype. These still won't respond to even order harmonics in the same way as valves do.

Either my ears are shot, or my little computer speakers are not good (which is true), but honestly I can barely hear any difference between the three pedals. When he plays through the Marshall at high gain, I can barely hear any difference when the pedal is on or off, and no difference between the three pedals.

Not selling me anything today. [thumbdn]

It seems redundant to use any kind of tube in a pedal that relies on diode clipping anyways. In terms of utilizing the sound quality of the Nutube this seems like an idiotic idea to me. In terms of marketing it is not a bad idea at all. But I’m not the guy that would buy this

I saw another demo somewhere else and the Nutube one sounded a little better to me than the old ones. But I'm not a big pedal expert.

With vacuum tubes being priced as low as they are these days I don't think there's likely to be a shortage any time soon. Tubes are dirt cheap these days and there's only like 20 percent retail markup. I don't see Nutubes penetrating the amp market at this time. Low voltage stuff like pedals seem to be a good use for the Nutubes though....

I am not f-ing with anyone. I first heard about it on YT watching him talk about his rig. Here is a pic.

He also says he can tell the difference between certain battery types in his fuzz face. But hey he sounds great so who cares if it's in his head?

I am not f-ing with anyone. I first heard about it on YT watching him talk about his rig. Here is a pic.

Oh I know. We had many a fight, good discussion, disagreement, and complete concurrence in the golden days of usenet. I've hung with him a couple times at guitar shows. He got the one thing I've always wanted, a bound rw fender, so all props to him for that. He is a genuine nice guy. All of the nonsense about rubber bands holding the pedal boxes sounds better(who didn't do that right? friggin screws to change batteries no way), letting batteries run down overnight because their last 1/2 hour sounds best, the angled pedals, all of it, all in good fun. But still, all nonsense. He was often amazed at how little it took to send guitar players scurrying off to do something, well, dumb.

Gibbons is the same way you know.

rct

He also says he can tell the difference between certain battery types in his fuzz face. But hey he sounds great so who cares if it's in his head?

And jack plugs. Don't forget the jack plugs.

He knows tone....... [thumbup]

Archived