Gibson Brands Forums

How 'bout a little bling?

Black Dog

Whoah!!

:-k

Hmmm, plastic surrounds....with something like this perhaps they should make a one-piece 3 pickup surround out of some sort of wood IMO.

The board inlay is beautiful but I'd get lost... [biggrin]

Beautiful as examples of craftsmanship. Seriously.

Hideous as guitars, though. Wouldn't give them house room. Seriously.

But I'm glad - nay; delighted - to know that Gibson is still doing these types of 'Exhibition Special' or whatever they are.

Pip.

So it this a reissue? Because it says Les Paul Custom on the neck base.

I'm not sure what they are officially classified as. I think they are just M2M one off's. The SG is from Wildwood. They just have it listed as a Custom Shop SG I think. The LP is from Music Zoo. It's also just listed as a Custom Shop LP.

Other than being rich, I'm not sure what the target market is, but they sure are beautiful guitars.

FZfan has a point. The only alternative to naked would be have to be crushed velvet suit. Frilly lace sleeves...

Are we tapping into the spirit of Mr. LLawrence LLLewellllyn BBowen, M-E?

msp_biggrin.gif

Pip.

Actually in reality he's a really nice guy and not quite as 'precious' his on-screen affectations would have you believe.

Both a tasteless abominations. Kill them. Kill them with fire....

"After hearing about a request made by one of her subjects Her Royal Highness' Welcoming Committee arrive at NAMM 2018 asking after the whereabouts of the Gibson stand";

Torch_Party.jpg

Pip.

The designer's taste is in their mouth.

They remind me of that SG with a gazillion little diamonds glued onto the front.

Woof.

I saw that timepiece Martin at the factory and it looked really nice.

Not nice enough to rob a bank over but it wasn't over the top gaudy.

I like stuff like those guitars. To me they are exercises in supreme craftsmanship. A bit like a Holland & Holland 12 bore shotgun. Other shotguns will shoot just as well (nearly) but H&H are works of art and examples of supreme engineering and craft.

However, I couldn't see me buying a guitar as blingy as those even if I could afford to do so.

And if you're not into SG's there's this:

xjTWRFg.jpg

It looks more western than country to me. Roy Rodgers on his horse (no jokes about pulling the Trigger please!) could pose with this guitar and look cool. He would need a long instrument cable though.

I'm not over keen on Bling. Most Gretches are even too bling-y for my taste.

Archived