Gibson Brands Forums

A gift for Friday

albertjohn

albertjohn......are you singing and playing or just playing that one????

I haven't learned the words yet but will have a crack at both.

Vourout, that's a great song too. I do (play and sing) You Do Something To Me, Out Of The Sinking and a song called Country as well as WildWood (on the 12 string.). He has done loads of great acoustic tracks. Check out the album Days Of Speed.

He did a fab version of Early Morning Rain, (Gordon Lightfoot) recently which I'm trying to polish up a bit before I let it loose at my next open mic. YouTube it, it's worth a look.

Wow' date=' beautiful song, very haunting. I can still hear the guitar echoing long after the song ended. That very first bit sounded like a Dsus2 in standard tuning to me. That's about as far as I got LOL![/quote']

Yes I agree. That's how I play it. I've checked again and I sure it's standard tuning. Persevere GG, it's a great one to learn.

Here's another of my favourites for those who would like more.

Do you think so? He walks the bass down from C' date='B and then G which makes me think it's standard tuning but I'll look again.[/quote']

aj-Yep, you're right. I was trying to watch this and get out the door to work at 0630 this morning so didn't get a good look. Great song, nice guitar. Hope you get "Early Mornin' Rain" polished up, it's a great song, I've played it for about 35 years after hearing PPM sing it. I saw Gordon Lighfoot from the front row center in 1975 and got to see him sing it live. Good stuff.

Archived