Gibson Brands Forums

Things you just can't plan ahead for....

kidblast

So driving home from rehearsal last night, about 8:30,, had to get back home by 9:00 for a work situation.

Almost home, going thru an intersection where there's a set of Lights and McDonald's, with an entrance and exit in perhaps the worse conceivable place. Lots of accidents there.

As I drive through the light, a car from the opposite direction just turns in to my on coming path to go to McDonalds.

It was snowing a bit, roads were a little greasy I wasn't going fast, maybe 20/25 mph. Slam on the breaks, but needed another 8 feet probably to come to a full stop. "COLLISION IMMINENT" I try to turn to the right, to get around him (this would be the second lane south bound on the road).. nope! !WHACK! My passenger front corner, collides with his passenger wheel well. Great........

he was with his wife, and Mom, with his Aunt following them in another car.. Thankfully the Aunt spoke pretty good English, no one hurt agreed there would be no need for police, I didn't have time to deal with those guys anyway, they would have taken 20 minutes at least to get there. 20 minutes I didn't have.

No one made much of a fuss over it, it was clearly his fault, but they seemed like a decent family, and who wants trouble? he didn't plan for this either..

But no witness, no police, and this morning, I'm thinking I was a putz not to have the local PD on hand, will stuck with the deductible, and the sir charges, and a car loan I don't want right now if it's a total loss. (2005 Grand Prix GTP)

So I call him today to get some more information for my insurance company, not knowing what to expect from him. turns out, he could not have been more easy going about it. Offered up all the information I needed and says, "let them know it was fault, I'm real sorry".. he even called me back when he got the year of his car. I asked would it be okay if my insurance company called him if they had questions, -- what ever he could do to help.

and I did make it home in time to do the work thing...

You got lucky, for the end results only. I know you didn't have time, but I would have insisted on a Police Report. Sometimes people can be jerks after the fact, I've seen it before. At least no one was hurt.

indeed... if it wasn't for a pending work task, I would have made the call, not that they do much since they were not there, and just take care of paper work.

Even with them there, when it's all said and done, I guess it's still one guys word against another.

and Pip and bassetman, definitely the case here...

This would happen every day at every Mc Donald’s in my area (Orange County, CA) if it snowed here. People drive so crazy when they pull into Mc Donald’s. My girlfriend and I think they are trying not to go to Mc Donald’s but at the last second they can’t stand the temptation and they have to whip into the parking lot at all costs

This would happen every day at every Mc Donald’s in my area (Orange County, CA) if it snowed here. People drive so crazy when they pull into Mc Donald’s. My girlfriend and I think they are trying not to go to Mc Donald’s but at the last second they can’t stand the temptation and they have to whip into the parking lot at all costs

HA!!

Must..

have..

Big Mac....

hmmmm... Special Sauce..

Sesame seed bun....

Last time someone crashed into me (not as uncommon as I’d like), I called the police and they refused to send out an officer to help. I told them the lady that crashed into me seemed like she was drunk or on drugs and they didn’t even care about that. I couldn’t believe it.

Last time someone crashed into me (not as uncommon as I’d like), I called the police and they refused to send out an officer to help. I told them the lady that crashed into me seemed like she was drunk or on drugs and they didn’t even care about that. I couldn’t believe it.

Nice. How do you claim insurance without a police report?

rct

Nice. How do you claim insurance without a police report?

rct

Get dicked around with until you get tired of dealing with the insurance agents, then get stuck with a higher payment every month because you filed a claim even though the insurance didn’t cover anything.. That’s what I did. ****in great.

Your lucky they were so honest. I know a guy who slammed into a car in a parking lot during winter and snow coming down and when he found out police don't come for parking lot accidents he wouldn't pay for the damage or give the guy any information. I was in the back seat of his car when it happened and it clearly was his fault.

It’s the law to report any vehicular accident to the police here.

The only time for sure is when there are injuries. I've been in few accidents and I Can tell you with absolute certainty, they (local PD) do NOTHING to help the situation, and leave it all up to the drivers. The insurance companies still need to work it out, and it all depends on the forth coming truth from the drivers involved.

I say what I did... they say what they did... if the stories line up,,, it gets sorted out.

Archived