Gibson Brands Forums

NGD today and pedal on Monday

Guitar God

Picked me up a new one today at a store in my area. Sold my Gretsch and ended up getting me a brand new 2017 Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24. Sold the Gretsch because I didn't like the Bigsby. It did play and sound good, but I didn't like the Bigsby. But, anyway, I played this SE at the music store not too long ago and really liked it a lot. I was torn between this one, a 2017 tobacco burst Paul Reed Smith SE 245, and a gold top Paul Reed Smith SE 245 and I decided on this scarlet red Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24 when the Gretsch sold. It sold, so I picked it up today. And the pedal is a DigiTech Tone Driver. I ordered it from Reverb for $30 on Saturday and it came in Monday. Was surprised at how quickly it showed up. DigiTech discontinued this range of pedals for some reason not too long ago and I said, "What the heck?" and pulled the trigger on this pedal because of that and I have looked at those pedals for years and considered getting a couple off and on over the years. Didn't know what to expect with that pedal since I have heard mixed reviews on it and those X Series pedals in general. When it got here, I plugged it up to my Blues Junior and messed with it and I was really impressed with it! I think it sounds pretty good. So, I plan on keeping it. Here are pics.

eVf2snY.jpg

2Df6E7O.jpg

T2973oB.jpg

The PRS SE Custom 24 has been an open secret for quite a while.

I have one. I had been anti-PRS for quite a while until someone pressed one of these into my hands, and I had to take it home.

They are incredible. I have not tried the newer Indonesian ones. I have a MIK model.

Great choice GG. Get plenty of play time in :) Congrats

Nice score. Beautiful finish on that one. I have been more than impressed with my PRS S2 standard 22. Always thought PRS was the only other manufacturer I'd gravitate towards other than Gibson. I'm already eying a singlecut for my next purchase.

Picked me up a new one today at a store in my area. Sold my Gretsch and ended up getting me a brand new 2017 Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24. Sold the Gretsch because I didn't like the Bigsby. It did play and sound good, but I didn't like the Bigsby. But, anyway, I played this SE at the music store not too long ago and really liked it a lot. I was torn between this one, a 2017 tobacco burst Paul Reed Smith SE 245, and a gold top Paul Reed Smith SE 245 and I decided on this scarlet red Paul Reed Smith SE Custom 24 when the Gretsch sold. It sold, so I picked it up today. And the pedal is a DigiTech Tone Driver. I ordered it from Reverb for $30 on Saturday and it came in Monday. Was surprised at how quickly it showed up. DigiTech discontinued this range of pedals for some reason not too long ago and I said, "What the heck?" and pulled the trigger on this pedal because of that and I have looked at those pedals for years and considered getting a couple off and on over the years. Didn't know what to expect with that pedal since I have heard mixed reviews on it and those X Series pedals in general. When it got here, I plugged it up to my Blues Junior and messed with it and I was really impressed with it! I think it sounds pretty good. So, I plan on keeping it. Here are pics.

eVf2snY.jpg

2Df6E7O.jpg

T2973oB.jpg

Had the sunburst SE custom 24 and sold it. Was pretty, but it just did not make the cut and it really did feel

like a toy.

What Gretsch did you sell? I would never part with my 6120.

The PRS SE Custom 24 has been an open secret for quite a while.

I have one. I had been anti-PRS for quite a while until someone pressed one of these into my hands, and I had to take it home.

They are incredible. I have not tried the newer Indonesian ones. I have a MIK model.

Great choice GG. Get plenty of play time in :) Congrats

The SE models are great. Korea has put out some fantastic guitars for the price over the years. The SE models, Korean made Epiphones, and the Korean made Fenders to name a few. PRS makes some amazing stuff. The store I got this one from does have an Indonesian made SE Standard in. Haven't played it, yet. Just glanced at it a couple of times. I'll check it out next time I am in there because I have been curious on how they compare to the Korean ones, myself. Funny when the SE line came out, they were the price of the Indonesian SE line. Now the Korean SE models are between $650 - $800 and they released the Indonesian line for the $500 price point.

Nice score. Beautiful finish on that one. I have been more than impressed with my PRS S2 standard 22. Always thought PRS was the only other manufacturer I'd gravitate towards other than Gibson. I'm already eying a singlecut for my next purchase.

Thanks! I love the finish, too. Yeah, I feel you.. The 3 for me are Gibson, Fender, and Paul Reed Smith. The S2 models are great. I have an elephant grey S2 Custom 22. What color is your S2 Standard 22? The singlecut models are awesome, too.

Had the sunburst SE custom 24 and sold it. Was pretty, but it just did not make the cut and it really did feel

like a toy.

What Gretsch did you sell? I would never part with my 6120.

This is my second SE Custom 24 and both of mine play great, Oh, it was a Korean 5420 model. It did play and sound good, but I didn't like the Bigsby on it. Bit of a pain n the but to restring.

Archived