Gibson Brands Forums

a bit wonky on my old LG-2

petertohen

Last song I posted here on my 1951 LG-2 people pointed out the the low E was sharp.It was capoed on the second fret.I assumed the capo must have pulled it sharp so I didn't worry about it too much.

But I was mucking around with it today and realised when I tune to concert pitch on the low E if I fret a G on the third fret it is quite sharp.ie so not capo's fault.

Other strings aren't too bad.

Anything be done to fix this? Action is already a little high and not much saddle left.

Cheers.

https://lg2.com/fr/

Uh oh. I clicked on it and closed it. Pray for me...

Anyways high action... not much saddle... sounds really like a neck reset is needed. High action... little saddle left... of course when you fret on the neck even at the third fret it goes sharp.

After the neck is set, a proper set up will make sure the neck relief is set properly first, then adjust the saddle and nut slots to achieve your desired action. The higher the action, the more intonation-sharp you will get capoing.

Sal's right on there, but I would sight down the neck and see if you have conditions where a couple qtr turns of the truss rod wouldn't alter the intonation. Long shot and don't force anything if the nut is stubborn.

Last song I posted here on my 1951 LG-2 people pointed out the the low E was sharp.It was capoed on the second fret.I assumed the capo must have pulled it sharp so I didn't worry about it too much.

But I was mucking around with it today and realised when I tune to concert pitch on the low E if I fret a G on the third fret it is quite sharp.ie so not capo's fault.

Other strings aren't too bad.

Anything be done to fix this? Action is already a little high and not much saddle left.

Cheers.

https://lg2.com/fr/

Seems like an admin should take this down if it has a spammy/phishing link in it?

Archived