Gibson Brands Forums

Bought a Nick Lucas Mystic Rosewood

BigDawg007

It's a fat little rascal with a surprising punch . I only got to play for it for about 5 minutes and thought it might be a better to leave it in its case for a day or 2 to allow it to acclimate to the temperature change coming from Wisconsin to here in Georgia. Some people say this is very important to do.

I don't know. I can't wait to dig into it. I'll post some pics.

So now its

J-45 Custom Rosewood

L-100 Nick Lucas Mystic Rosewood

Collings CJ-35 Mahogany

Martin D-41 Special

I am starting to sound like some of you dudes on here. Bragging about your guitars. I'm really not bragging. Just boasting a lil!!!!!!

Strum on-

Bulldawg007

I have one of these. A great guitar and one of my favorites. I had to send mine back to the factory because the bridge plate was mis aligned during its build and the bridge pin holes were half missed. They put a new plate on. You may want to check yours.

I also have a D41 Special. Isn’t that a great guitar!

It's a fat little rascal with a surprising punch . I only got to play for it for about 5 minutes and thought it might be a better to leave it in its case for a day or 2 to allow it to acclimate to the temperature change coming from Wisconsin to here in Georgia. Some people say this is very important to do.

I don't know. I can't wait to dig into it. I'll post some pics.

So now its

J-45 Custom Rosewood

L-100 Nick Lucas Mystic Rosewood

Collings CJ-35 Mahogany

Martin D-41 Special

I am starting to sound like some of you dudes on here. Bragging about your guitars. I'm really not bragging. Just boasting a lil!!!!!!

Strum on-

Bulldawg007

Let us know how it is! I have a Epiphone EL-00 that in my stable of Gibsons is one of my favorite guitars. I can only image what a Gibson similarly sized guitar would be like.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Brag on you got em and we don't. How's that D-41?

The D-41 Special roars like a lion when it needs to and is also very articulate. String type greatly influences the sound. It’s very well built. It’s beautiful. I’ll never sell it. It’s my only full scale guitar.

Now the Collings on the other hand sounds good fingerstyle. Warm and clean, but too sterile sounding. When you strum it in a band setting it’s punchy but it doesn’t sound very good. I’m gonna part ways with it soon. It’s a well made guitar but it’s my least favorite.

Congrats! I am a big fan of deep body acoustics. I own the Kay Kraft version of the Nick Lucas - with a maple body rather than rosewood or mahogany (Kay Kraft made versions with all three body woods). Virtually identical specs other than the Kay has a wider and shallower neck carve. Comes off like a Lucas with a bit more of a nasty attitude.

Great guitars! Would love a Lucas, I’d pick a Maple flavoured one but that’s just my ears and fingers.

Like QM, I’ve got an Epi EL-00 (a very early L1 shaped one) which is one of my faves. The Gibson family make wonderful parlours.

Does the D-41 have the six sided fret inlays? I think there was one in the mom and pop store I go to and played one a few years back. I remember it was 'spensive.

The D41 Special is different than a D41 Standard

Inlaids are snowflakes

Spec’d Like a D45 without the bling

~image snip~

Here’s the bridge plate problem I had. I looked at four different guitars from this lot and they all had the same issue to some degree

Now I could see one getting through. But four or more? . That's a pretty big miss.

Glad they worked it out to your satisfaction.

76504486-A086-448C-9F8B-290B66C7A185_zpsvwneovbv.jpg

Here’s the bridge plate problem I had. I looked at four different guitars from this lot and they all had the same issue to some degree

That is flat out disappointing on so many levels. And as Big K said "FOUR" !? Was the QC Intern at the dentist that morning?

Glad you got it fixed. Bet it sounded like a new guitar. Pun intended.

I really liked the guitar or would had not went through that. I bought the1st one from MF and returned it. I then bought one from CME and was going to return it but had a couple other dealers send me photos of theirs and they were the same. CME said if I really liked it they would take care of getting it back to Bozeman. Everything worked out, turn around was quick and I wound up with a great guitar. I would do it all over.

Archived