Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarstrummer is a moderator - and I quit.

G u e s t

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being able to spell is a requirement for the mod assignment.=P~ :-

Ha. Beer on the keyboard KSG.

Gilliangirl was in the original forums. We go way back. :-

Which guest is quitting, there are hundreds of em'?

Murph.

There is not a chance in hell that one of us LP members will be made a moderator.

I had one of my posts deleted and received a reprimand. The post had to do with another member's wife =P~

Ya same here...if this place turns into the fender fourms so strict its not gona be any fun anymore.

I say we boycott the place if it really starts to go to hell. I think we all did a pretty good job of self-moderating.

Indeed; but we have to admit, some people were acting weird and some stuff wasgetting a little out of control... remember a year ago? when some posts got deleted and some of us were baned? It all went back to normal after a few days... give the new mods time to adjust to their new powers... then everything will be back to normal...

Or we will leave... =P~

For Gilliangirl and all the other people he pushes around' date=' I ain't hanging around for the moral high-ground cowboy to run me out of town. You can't argue with his kind, so I'm gone.

And my side kick, old '999' Thermionik, he's quittin' too.

Sometimes things get pushed that little bit too far.

And that's Mike. They probably think they've promoted him out of harms way. Mistake, guys, mistake.[/quote']

I am sorry to hear of your decison Guest but I concur with your expectations of Guitarstummer as a moderator after last years debacle.

It is clearly preferable in the eyes of some that a forum member blows smoke into the rear of Bozeman at evry opportunity, and has matching Gibson signature guitar stools than said forum member drives innocent people away from the forum.

How can a moderator be appointed of the gentleman wrote the "apology" post when GillianGirl was bullied out. Unfortunately Guys the apology was so sincere that it was deleted after 6 hours!

Now 'Nik, GUEST and I may be a load of British old farts but we have principles which we try to stick by! Sticking by our mates when they get "put on" is on such principle.

That debacle was the main reason that I pulled out of the 2009 Gibson Homcoming trip to Bozeman orgainised by Mike.

You can call that quitting all you like, I call it principles, I got lots of stuff going on that I NEVER quit on.

There's a thread on the acoustic forum asking whether the spirit has gone from the forum.

Well for me it has, I think. For 'Nik and GUEST it's gone. It's rock all to do with recessions and "people's moods" it is do with bullies and know it alls!

I suppose there are all sorts of examples in history of bullies acheving greatness. To me, sorry Mike, this is another!

GillianGirl, NIK,GUEST and I said to say goodbye with a kiss to the hand!

You other guys have fun................................

assuming, of course, you are allowed to.

BR

John

Archived