Gibson Brands Forums

Guitarstrummer is a moderator - and I quit.

G u e s t

I can't believe that an issue which was resolved last year has lead to this. To be honest sounds like a smokescreen to me. Problem solved - move on. Vote with your feet by all means but engage the brain first.

Any Forum with GG as a member and KSDaddy as a moderator is good enough for me.

But the decision is yours. So long. You know where to find us!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe that an issue which was resolved last year has lead to this. To be honest sounds like a smokescreen to me. Problem solved - move on. Vote with your feet by all means but engage the brain first.

Any Forum with GG as a member and KSDaddy as a moderator is good enough for me.

But the decision is yours. So long. You know where to find us!

Last word from me AJ

You are a great bloke but I cannot believe that you consider that the issue was resolved! A pathetic "justification" posted then deleted after 6 hours?

Smokescreen??? I thought I made my point clearly. You know how I used to enjoy the acoustic forum!

As I said the problem was not solved and is now exacerbated IMVHO.

Chacun a son gout mate

best of luck and if I am going to Denmanrk Street I will mail you...... you owe me a pint

Again, I hear hints of things that may (or may not) have happened but I'm clueless. As far as I'm concerned nothing happened. All I see, read, and hear is a great bitterness in some.

All I can say is Get Over It!

Life is too short to be bitter all the time and it turns you into a grumpy old person or should I say has already turned some into grumpy old folks - not that there is anything wrong with being old since I am old by some standards.... It's the grumpy part that stinks.

I personally think a well moderated forum is more fun to participate in. I think some people feel that becuase it is an internet forum, you can post or say anything without retribution but in reality, guitar playing (and remember, that's why most of us joined this forum) is not just for adults. There are kids out there who have the same questions or want the same type of information as us and going to an un-moderated forum is not always a good option. I don't think too much stuff was over the top here, but yes, there have been threads I certainly would not want my kids reading.

I think everyone should lighten up, let Gibson decide what they want and give it a chance to succeed. Try acting like an adult (even if your not) and get back to talking about your guitars, music and other things of interest. Bashing someone you don't know is more bullying than I have ever seen Guitarstrummer do. He at least knows how to use a PM if he has a disagrement with someone. I say, give the guy a chance and maybe think twice before you write something here.

this thread is to serius and not any fun. i dont know what guitar strummer has done but if it is as bad as you guys say it needs to apologize properly. but i know nothing about him so i'm not going to let what ever this is about bother me.

I'll probably get double banned for pointing this out, but I am currently serving a 3 day ban. Guitarstrummer said my posts/pics were offensive. Since I have no idea which ones he was referring to I can't say if he was correct or not. In fact I can't say anything since technically I am banned. Summary judgment is how they do things around here. One moderator who seems to carry the moral high ground and all the toadies fall in line like good little boy scouts.

Rock and Roll ain't about marching in goose step. Keep on Strumming cause I'd hate to find you actually know how to Rock.

Let see.. what to comment on!?!?

Some have asked why did we bring in some new moderators? The simple answer is, the numerous complaints from parents concerning what their kids were seeing in the forum, is one answer. The same question seemed to be always be asked. Why would Gibson allow such items to be posted on their public forum? Do they have not have any concern about their young customers?

Well the short answer is, of course we do. Unfortunately we do not have the opportunity to hang out in the forums as much as we need to resolve the situation. So a few people, to start with, were selected to help quickly. I think truthfully we have a good balance of characters. Kinda of Yin and Yang. So as some have already stated, give it a chance. Lets see what happens. If it does not work out with any one of them, I will be the first in line to admit a mistake.

Of course we dont want people to leave, and we hope they dont. That being said. I am not sure what it matters who the moderators are if you are not going to break the rules of the forum. If you follow the rules then most of the time you will never know who the moderators are.

Once again if there are any issues that come up with any of the moderators please send me a PM.

Thanks again.

Let see.. what to comment on!?!?

Some have asked why did we bring in some new moderators? The simple answer is' date=' the numerous complaints from parents concerning what their kids were seeing in the forum, is one answer.[/b'] The same question seemed to be always be asked. Why would Gibson allow such items to be posted on their public forum? Do they have not have any concern about their young customers?

Well the short answer is, of course we do. Unfortunately we do not have the opportunity to hang out in the forums as much as we need to resolve the situation. So a few people, to start with, were selected to help quickly. I think truthfully we have a good balance of characters. Kinda of Yin and Yang. So as some have already stated, give it a chance. Lets see what happens. If it does not work out with any one of them, I will be the first in line to admit a mistake.

Of course we dont want people to leave, and we hope they dont. That being said. I am not sure what it matters who the moderators are if you are not going to break the rules of the forum. If you follow the rules then most of the time you will never know who the moderators are.

Once again if there are any issues that come up with any of the moderators please send me a PM.

Thanks again.

OMG...ok we gota change the fourm now cause once parents get involed the fourm is dead...dead. I mean ive seen about 2 fourms be contorlled by angry parents...the solution it to NOT ALLOW THE KID ON THE FOURM. Ok parents if u see thing u dont like u avoid it u dont fight it(and let the "you see a thing you dont like, you avoid it u dont fight it should only apply for the intrnet).

As long as the simple rules are followed then I don't think we are going to have any issues. I love a good debate, and have enjoyed reading some here. I don't think that flaming someone is a way to prove a point, and I don't think the use of bad language is a way to make a point.

Thanks.

My people will call your people!! WE will have to move quickly, one of the mods might delete the post... LOL

Yes I do have a sense of humor..

I hear your point guitarest. So I have to ask do you think anything is gained by offensive language in a post? Or to flame a member? If so what do you think is gained? What does it have to do with guitars? How does it help share information about guitars?

So say it was not a kid that came across an offensive post, but an adult that whos morals were offended by such a post?

Does that change the situation?

My people will call your people!! WE will have to move quickly' date=' one of the mods might delete the post... LOL

Yes I do have a sense of humor..

I hear your point guitarest. So I have to ask do you think anything is gained by offensive language in a post? Or to flame a member? If so what do you think is gained? What does it have to do with guitars? How does it help share information about guitars?

[b']So say it was not a kid that came across an offensive post, but an adult that whos morals were offended by such a post?[/b]

Does that change the situation?

This place isnt for him...every place in this world is not a place for everyone. There are diffent places for diffrent ppl.

Yes it does I would say to back home and don't return until you have a little thicker skin. I come here to discuss everything from gigs to guitars to my little affair with the girl downstairs. I have always minded what I have said and try to walk that line but you also have to remember what might offend one person doesn't matter to others. So we now have to watch out for those who might be offended should I or someone else decide to post a thread because we are upset with the events of today in the world. Where were the mods when that little kid was here firing up the adults with posts every 5 minutes about should I do this or do that then just come out and tell homz his daughter has issues if she would not date some one like that little snot. This is a two way road and I honestly feel that this is way out of control and has upset the apple cart; especially where there was not problems yesterday and life was grand. But since a new mod is on; we have to prove we are a tough person and I have read there was a incident in the past that the mod now has power to finally push his thoughts upon the masses. Ultimately this is a Gibson forum and a product of the gibson website' date=' but Mods need to remember to be fair in every decision because its the 20 guys that post here regularly that are your customers. Not the 12 year old with the gold spoon in his mouth[/quote']

Are u refering to me?

I am still not sure how can a mod push his thoughts onto the masses. I have hear this argument to many times to count, concerning a few of the mods. It still comes does to the rules that are posted, they must be followed. It is that simple. We are hoping that with some help we will not have the issues that you refered to again.

Archived