Gibson Brands Forums

About Inkjet Printers.

Digger

We got a replacement wi-fi router this week and it’s giving me consistently good speeds finally. The original was intermittent.

However I can’t get Gael’s printer to recognise it wirelessly. I spent the best part of yesterday working on it but so far it has me beaten. I’ve downloaded manuals for the router and printer and have been working through them and the only hint I might have is to reset the frequencies the router uses.

I tried to do that but the resultant information doesn’t include our model printer an Epson ET 2550 so I’ve come to a dead end! Might have to ring our ISP.

Incidentally that printer is so far ahead of any other that we’ve had, and we've had dozens, that I have to get it going again. It has bottles of ink, not cartridges and they last forever. We’ve had it 6 or 7 months and Gael has printed almost 500 colour prints as photos for her art and yet when I checked the ink yesterday all 4 bottles are over 3/4 full. We were forever buying cartridges for printers before this! Cost of bottles compared to cartridges is comparable.

I post this in case somebody out there is looking for a good printer.

Edited by Digger

We got a replacement wi-fi router this week and it’s giving me consistently good speeds finally. The original was intermittent.

However I can’t get Gael’s printer to recognise it wirelessly. I spent the best part of yesterday working on it but so far it has me beaten. I’ve downloaded manuals for the router and printer and have been working through them and the only hint I might have is to reset the frequencies the router uses.

I tried to do that but the resultant information doesn’t include our model printer an Epson ET 2550 so I’ve come to a dead end! Might have to ring our ISP.

Incidentally that printer is so far ahead of any other that we’ve had, and we've had dozens, that I have to get it going again. It has bottles of ink, not cartridges and they last forever. We’ve had it 6 or 7 months and Gael has printed almost 500 colour prints as photos for her art and yet when I checked the ink yesterday all 4 bottles are over 3/4 full. We were forever buying cartridges for printers before this! Cost of bottles compared to cartridges is comparable.

I post this in case somebody out there is looking for a good printer.

I work in IT and if it's a new router, there's a few things to look for. First, if the SSID and passphrase is the same, the printer should connect automatically. But, wireless speeds come in many flavors, designated with B/G/N/A/C. Most printers these days should work fine with G or N, 2.4 or 5 GHz. I'd be happy to see if I can help you with it, if you want. Shoot me an IM and we'll see what we can do.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought an Epson WF7710 the other day. The MacBook Pro wasn't recognizing the printer either. After screwing around with attempting to get it play nice together, I called Epson. The first rep I spoke to, sent me to a higher level rep. What finally worked, was to use the printer's IP address, and password for the Wi-Fi name. So when I want to print, I turn on the printer, go to the Wi-Fi, select the printer's Wi-Fi name, and print what I want. It works.

Edited by gsgbass

Guest Farnsbarns

Many many moons ago I was an escalation engineer for Canon. We would receive all the mystery cases from the field engineers and work out what had happened. We had to autopsy and then repair to get data on modes of failure and to feed back to the field and improve their on sight repair rates. We worked on a lot of ink jet printers (generally larger industrial units but some consumer level kit as well).

Unfortunately none of this is going to help with a WiFi connectivity issue. :D

Edited by Farnsbarns

I usually worry a problem and keep obsessing until I work it out! I can think of something in the middle of the night and get up to try it and usually I get it in the end. Of course that’s little consolation until I sort it out.

Bloody terrific not needing to outlay for cartridges every couple of months or so....what a rort inkjet ink really is!.