Gibson Brands Forums

Suhr Aura.

LarryUK

Suhr is top dollar stuff even in the US. I’ve never seen anybody play one. My bet is that the majority of these are bought by worship band guitarists who play at their church every weekend and wealthy collectors.

If you look over at thegearpage, those are the guys I see buying up Suhr stuff

I can't comment on that Dub but I do know that Griff Hamlin plays Suhr.

Never heard of him. Not saying there aren’t any professionals buying them, just saying who I have seen buy them most often

Google him (Griff Hamlin). He has an on line course (Blues Guitar Unleashed), plays professionally around SoCal and other spots in a couple of bands (one of which is his wife's who's a horn player). I know he has a Suhr Strat and Tele, along with a Gibby LP and 335. Long story short, he's a gigging pro who depends on music for his income.

Google him (Griff Hamlin). He has an on line course (Blues Guitar Unleashed), plays professionally around SoCal and other spots in a couple of bands (one of which is his wife's who's a horn player). I know he has a Suhr Strat and Tele, along with a Gibby LP and 335. Long story short, he's a gigging pro who depends on music for his income.

Yep, and he can play pretty well too. Main reason why I mentioned him (besides doing some of his courses which are good IMO) is that he seemed to "fit the bill" in terms of Pippy's mooted typical "Suhr buyer".

Suhr was a big deal there in the late 90's. Tyler, Tom Anderson, one or two others that I can't name right now.

AlternaTeles and AlternaStrats at a time when people were looking for alternatives. Used to go up to Rudy's in NYC and dink around with those boutique makers, but never found one I liked enough to buy. I can picture a couple of guitar players using Suhr, Scott Henderson and one or two I can't name right now.

The best advertising for Suhr was on rec.music.makers.guitar, a guy that used to argue back and forth with Doug Roccaforte the amp maker and Lord Valve about Suhr guitars. Man that was some fun stuff.

If a Gibson is not 5 times the money better than an Epiphone a copy of a Fender is most definitely not 3 times the money better than a Fender to me. I thought of them as virtuoso type guitars, and I am nothing if definitely not one of them guys!

rct

Archived