Gibson Brands Forums

What, no Grammy bashing post?

saturn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We watched it. It's music, there's guitars and hot chicks so it would be weird to not have it on in our house. The usual bullshti, but it didn't hurt anyone and there were a few really great guitars and a few great performances. I like singing and playing and I like to see others do that too so I can sit through some crap for one or two gems. Whatever was on television during the Grammy show? We've never seen any of it, I can't imagine any of it being much better than the garbage that passes for an awards show.

U2 was really good, and Adam has a dope Purple Sparkle P.

Heads explode in 3...2...

rct

We watched it. It's music, there's guitars and hot chicks so it would be weird to not have it on in our house. The usual bullshti, but it didn't hurt anyone and there were a few really great guitars and a few great performances. I like singing and playing and I like to see others do that too so I can sit through some crap for one or two gems. Whatever was on television during the Grammy show? We've never seen any of it, I can't imagine any of it being much better than the garbage that passes for an awards show.

U2 was really good, and Adam has a dope Purple Sparkle P.

Heads explode in 3...2...

rct

we should have a thread for everyone's thoughts on U2 , maybe ...

If you missed it (I did) don’t worry, there will be another award show on next week. And the week after that, and the week after that. And the week after that :And on each one we will be preached to about how terrible the US is, how horrible Americans are, and how much every star hates Trump.:

Okay I know I'm a bad person for doing it, but I watch the grammys just to make fun of all the made up names. I know very few of the performers on the show except the older ones. I'm an old dude myself. I did like the tribute to Chuck and Fats.

If you missed it (I did) don’t worry, there will be another award show on next week. And the week after that, and the week after that. And the week after that :And on each one we will be preached to about how terrible the US is, how horrible Americans are, and how much every star hates Trump.:

Nobody was preached at.

rct

I don't watch the Grammy's, Oscars, or any other award show where the business awards itself. It ends up being more promotional than anything else.

I remember watching the movie "Amadeus" in the mid 1980s. It was a good movie, but not a great movie, but the first run was pretty much a flop. Music lovers like myself saw it, but the general public shied away. Then it got the Best Picture Oscar along with dozens of other awards, was re-released and people flocked to see it.

Sounded like advertising to me. In the next couple of years I noticed quite a few (but not all) awards were also ads, so I lost interest.

insights and incites by Notes

I didn't watch either, so as usual, I really have no idea what I'm talking about. But it seems to me, from what I could derive from the promos, pop music hasn't changed since Janet Jackson lined up some pretty dancers with slick choreography and sang the same few songs for 25 years.

Archived