Gibson Brands Forums

Chapman guitars for 3-4 grand?

Rabs

:o

Well the price is not official but apparently that's what they are going to try and sell them for just cos its British made... Crazy.. You can get a LP custom for that, WHY oh why would you spend that on a Chapman copy?? For 3-4 grand you could get the best luthier to build you a personal guitar with the best woods and pickups exactly to your spec without his name on it.. Doesn't make any sense at all? When someone pays that for a Gibson they are paying for the name and the history... Even using his own brand pickups which again have no history at all...

Anyway.. I don't hate.. Its just a weird idea to me....

:o

Well the price is not official but apparently that's what they are going to try and sell them for just cos its British made... Crazy.. You can get a LP custom for that, WHY oh why would you spend that on a Chapman copy?? For 3-4 grand you could get the best luthier to build you a personal guitar with the best woods and pickups exactly to your spec without his name on it.. Doesn't make any sense at all? When someone pays that for a Gibson they are paying for the name and the history... Even using his own brand pickups which again have no history at all...

Anyway.. I don't hate.. Its just a weird idea to me....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1PXFt8jooA

exactly, If I had that $$ laying around I sure wouldn't buy a Chapman guitar. I'd have that Rabswood Double cut I've mentioned in other threads. i'm serious ...

exactly, If I had that $$ laying around I sure wouldn't buy a Chapman guitar. I'd have that Rabswood Double cut I've mentioned in other threads. i'm serious ...

No, you wouldn't. I'd have flown over and personally picked it up if I had that kinda coin laying around.

rct

:D

Thank you.. I appreciate that [thumbup]

And yes for that money, id build literally anything you want... Actually for less than that....... For a single neck guitar I don't think I would ever charge more than £2500 and I think that's pushing it.. And that would be the best what ever wood you want and what ever pickups and hardware you want, even if I had to have them had made bespoke by someone to fulfil the spec.

They lost me with "baked" maple...

Nice looking though, and i"m sure they are finely crafted.

Ohh yeah they do look nicely made.. Im not knocking that.. But that price is just too much just for being hand made... It even only comes with one fretboard inlay. How cheap is that :P

Edited by Rabs

Two of my nephews have Chapman's as their main guitars - I think they are made in Korea and seem to be pretty decent - around $1000 I think.

Here's the younger brother having a bash with a few of us last year using his - now the thing is that this guitar is one of the heaviest (weight that is) that I've ever lifted. He's not a big guy and I'd reckon over 3 sets I'd need physio on my neck and shoulder if I had to play it - seriously heavy guitar so definitely not for me, but does what it's supposed to. (I'd prefer a Rabswood too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfW1rohZaXw

Two of my nephews have Chapman's as their main guitars - I think they are made in Korea and seem to be pretty decent - around $1000 I think.

Here's the younger brother having a bash with a few of us last year using his - now the thing is that this guitar is one of the heaviest (weight that is) that I've ever lifted. He's not a big guy and I'd reckon over 3 sets I'd need physio on my neck and shoulder if I had to play it - seriously heavy guitar so definitely not for me, but does what it's supposed to. (I'd prefer a Rabswood too!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfW1rohZaXw

I really enjoyed that!!

:)

As much as I love Rabs and his guitars, comparing the cost of his guitars to a Gibson or U.K.-built Chapman is complete nonsense. If any of you guys are business owners and you don’t do everything “under the table” you know what I mean. It costs a LOT of money to run a legitimate business in a first world country in this type field.

1517344090[/url]' post='1913693']

Got all the electrics I need. I've been playing my acoustics more that anything now.

I have 5 electric guitars now, the last one my son traded me my Epiphone Standard for his Custom Epiphone Pelham Blue. He was going to sell it and I said No! Anyway, since I've had it all he rest of my electric guitars sound like crap compared to his. Even my Gibson Gold Top doesn't come close. So I'm thinking about keeping his and getting a great sounding acoustic and getting rid of some guitars. I wouldn't mind getting in to more Acoustic playing. Plus it's better on the hearing.

Whilst I wouldnt ever look to own one of these, going by their promo campaign on them they are hand built buy a small custom shop in england. Think I saw that they're limited to 15 per month. These arent labelled as your factory made guitars, thats a different market

No, you wouldn't. I'd have flown over and personally picked it up if I had that kinda coin laying around.

rct

I would fly over to the UK, have a nice vacation. Visit the Rabswood workshop, place my order. go get a bite to eat, have a few beers and continue on my vacation.

I would fly over to the UK, have a nice vacation. Visit the Rabswood workshop, place my order. go get a bite to eat, have a few beers and continue on my vacation.

I would fly over to the UK, have a nice vacation. Visit the Rabswood Campus, place my order using the My Guitar iShop Rabs Live app. Take Rabs, Pip, and Farns to get a bite to eat, ensuring they pay. Lots of beers, again ensuring the Scot(s) among us foot the bill, "borrow" lots of quids from each with some kind of sob story about the tube and my lorry and all that, and continue on my vacation.

Then, like may last purchase from a guitar guy in England, I'd go to Philly airport, turn american greenbacks into pictures of the queen and send them off to Rabs for the guitar.

rct

I would fly over to the UK, have a nice vacation. Visit the Rabswood Campus, place my order using the My Guitar iShop Rabs Live app. Take Rabs, Pip, and Farns to get a bite to eat, ensuring they pay. Lots of beers, again ensuring the Scot(s) among us foot the bill, "borrow" lots of quids from each with some kind of sob story about the tube and my lorry and all that, and continue on my vacation.

Then, like may last purchase from a guitar guy in England, I'd go to Philly airport, turn american greenbacks into pictures of the queen and send them off to Rabs for the guitar.

rct

ok, you win. Damn it man ...