Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tained Angel

Kramer Striker 300 ST

I have a Kramer Striker 300 ST. It has two lever type switches on it along with the volume and two tone controls. One of the levers has 5 positions, it is located toward the bottom of the body. What is used for?

The second switch is above the first switch, it has three positions, what is it used for.

I know, new kid questions...but I'm a new owner of a of a 1986/7 Kramer in beautiful condition. I want to know all about it...

Thanks, Tain'd Angel

I have a Kramer Striker 300 ST. It has two lever type switches on it along with the volume and two tone controls. One of the levers has 5 positions, it is located toward the bottom of the body. What is used for?

The second switch is above the first switch, it has three positions, what is it used for.

I know, new kid questions...but I'm a new owner of a of a 1986/7 Kramer in beautiful condition. I want to know all about it...

Thanks, Tain'd Angel

The larger, five-way switch is the pickup selector switch.

From the bridge toward the neck, the pickup selector switch gives you these options:

Bridge Humbucker pickup only

Bridge humbucker mixed with the middle single-coil pickup

Middle single-coil pickup only

Middle single-coil pickup blended with the neck single coil pickup

and,

Neck single coil pickup only.

The smaller three-way toggle switch is, as 10K-DB indicated, a coil tapping switch.

It affects the bridge humbucker pickup only, offering these three options, in order:

Up position, single coil sounds

Middle position, full humbucker sounds

Down position, kill switch (no sound)

:)