Gibson Brands Forums

Roy Orbison 2.0 live

Rabs

Man.. maybe im just getting old and finding harder to accept new things and as much as I actually think it looks pretty good I cant help but find it really really creepy... I know in theory its no different than seeing a video of him.. But still. The way its presented so its like hes there.. brrrrr...

Yeah I have heard that.. They already did the Dio one last year...

I cant help but think Frank would probably like the idea of posthumously annoying people :)

The act I would want to see the most would be Hendrix but I really hate the idea of these holograms.. How ever good they are it cant capture an original unique live performance form an experienced artist... Id rather sit at home and stick a DVD on of the real thing.

I'm so divided on this subject. There's a cash grab aspect that doesn't sit well with me, and there's a "would this person have wanted this" aspect (which I controversially believe almost every performer would).

But there's also the fact that if you don't like it, no one's forcing you to go.

Then there's the wild card: Spinal Tap already had Roy in kind of a hologram form in their brilliant video for their equally brilliant song, "The majesty of rock":

I'm not at all interested in paying money to hear pre-recorded music with a hologram on the stage. If for some reason I lost my mind and did decide to pay money, it wouldn't be what a regular concert ticket would be. I'd pay movie ticket price.

Archived