Gibson Brands Forums

Super Bowl halftime show

Dennis G

wound up watching the entire half time show. My wifes cousin Sheila unfortunately likes Timberlake.

The visuals / lighting, etc were all cool, the stage setups were pretty amazing given the time they have to set it up and get it out of there after..

The music on the other hand, was God awful and the mix sort of sucked, which didn't matter cuz the music sucked worse than the mix. then again, I'm too old to like this crap,, and.. get off my lawn!!!

I didn't see the half time show, but I saw this article about prince from 10 years ago. He wasn't a fan of holograms.

"That's the most demonic thing imaginable. Everything is as it is, and it should be. If I was meant to jam with Duke Ellington, we would have lived in the same age. That whole virtual reality thing... it really is demonic. And I am not a demon," he said. "Also, what they did with that Beatles song ["Free As a Bird"], manipulating John Lennon's voice to have him singing from across the grave... that'll never happen to me. To prevent that kind of thing from happening is another reason why I want artistic control."

Congrats philly!

We watched the entire half time show, killed the bubbly during half time.

I don't have to have excuses, there was nobody visiting that had to see Timberlake, I didn't load up on Homocil before hand, whatever. It's just a stupid pop music lip sync job same as every other half time show.

The Prince thingy was NOT a hologram it was just a projection onto a scrim. Disney would have put it on water and it would have been a thousand times better. Scrim doesn't show up on tv as well, it may have been just a blanket but looked like a Prince Flag.

It was not even 60 seconds I Would Die 4 U, which was brilliantly arranged and nicely, sparsely recorded, and snappy. Timberlake dirged it up real bad.

Timberlake pretty much stank up his own material so it wasn't a surprise. As usual, there are lots of people working during these things. Drummer, bass, some keys, and two guitars were live out to whatever kind of PA they use. As usual, them guys were just dangerous, and they are why I watch stuff like that.

Nobody got hurt, we didn't get any dumber, I'm not gay now. Really, it was just a tv show.

rct

A rare occasion where the game was actually better than the Half Time Show. Loved seeing the Patriots get their butts kicked. JT sucked, couldn't understand a word he lip-synced. Not that I really wanted to anyway. The commercials are the main reason I have been watching since we lost the Rams in St. Louis. But the commercials aren't even that good anymore. Lots of money wasted on commercials.

We went to some friends of my wife's home and a couple from Blair came too. They served crappy pizza, it was about as thin as a sheet of paper. Then could care less about the game. I had more entertainment watching the 3 gals laughing at everything and watching them. Ha, when one seemed to cross her left leg all 3 did the same. Then when they changed to the right leg, all 3 did the same and it went on like that all night. They were subconscious to the fact. Can you tell I was bored?

We went to some friends of my wife's home and a couple from Blair came too. They served crappy pizza, it was about as thin as a sheet of paper. Then could care less about the game. I had more entertainment watching the 3 gals laughing at everything and watching them. Ha, when one seemed to cross her left leg all 3 did the same. Then when they changed to the right leg, all 3 did the same and it went on like that all night. They were subconscious to the fact. Can you tell I was bored?

or maybe they had nice gams? (those would be legs)..

!LOL!

Archived