Gibson Brands Forums

IT

MichaelT

We watched this remake the other night. I've read the book a few times, saw the original made for TV movie a few times. I liked the book. The original TV movie was pretty true to the book, overall.

My review of IT is simply: "I think they forgot the SH at the beginning of the title."

If only U2 would have been in the soundtrack...

yea,, I kinda chime in with FZF..

some movies don't need a reboot...

Imagine trying to remake Young Frankenstein.. no matter what they tried, it would be S H -- T with out Terry Garr in that nightgown!

PUT ZEE CANDLE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

yea,, I kinda chime in with FZF..

some movies don't need a reboot...

Imagine trying to remake Young Frankenstein.. no matter what they tried, it would be S H -- T with out Terry Garr in that nightgown!

PUT ZEE CANDLE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!

She is definitely my favorite part of the movie but there are a lot of babes out there today that I could look at. Never get another Gene Wilder though. Who would they use, Johnny Depp?

I was watching the show "Nothing but Trailers" on AXS TV. Most of the trailers were either remakes or sequels. I guess they're too busy sexually harassing each other to come up with anything original.

I guess that's the case. Between the TV shows, movies and music reboots or remakes or whatever they're calling them, it's pretty annoying. But, I liked the book and original movie and wanted to see what they'd do with this one. Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles remakes would be absolutely horrendous without the original cast. It's like they're trying to update them with a modern look and feel but with all the effects and changes what's missing is the story, the content and feel of the original. And, what happens is that in many cases, it's worse at least in my opinion. There's exceptions of course. But how many Batmans do we need in one lifetime?

She is definitely my favorite part of the movie but there are a lot of babes out there today that I could look at. Never get another Gene Wilder though. Who would they use, Johnny Depp?

Depp, He could probably pull it off, one of the few that could.

the cast in its entirety was excellent. A movie I have watched countless times, one of my all time favorites

I guess that's the case. Between the TV shows, movies and music reboots or remakes or whatever they're calling them, it's pretty annoying. But, I liked the book and original movie and wanted to see what they'd do with this one. Young Frankenstein and Blazing Saddles remakes would be absolutely horrendous without the original cast. It's like they're trying to update them with a modern look and feel but with all the effects and changes what's missing is the story, the content and feel of the original. And, what happens is that in many cases, it's worse at least in my opinion. There's exceptions of course. But how many Batmans do we need in one lifetime?

yea, agree... some things you just cannot re-do...

IMHO after the first batman, the shoulda let it go............

I saw the made for tv movie ages ago and liked it well enough, feel no need to see the new one, particularly with the reviews I've been reading...

The movie on tv was so different from the book it was laughable.

It was a very , very bad rendition of a very good novel.

Just read the book.

Archived